Component Removals

LDUK

Master Poster
So I went to build up my PC again (just for fun) and I noticed you removed the 12GB Corsair RAM and Asus HDAV 1.3 Sound Card. Why? Lol.

Gorman

Author Level
Sometimes stock, sometimes price of new stock, sometimes things just go end of life and they stop making it, sometimes voodoo ritual. Im sure theres a specific reason but i dont know it :D

LDUK

Master Poster
Sometimes stock, sometimes price of new stock, sometimes things just go end of life and they stop making it, sometimes voodoo ritual. Im sure theres a specific reason but i dont know it :D

Voodoo ritual makes the most sense. I get it now.

Anyway thanks lol.

Gorman

Author Level
Of course not bud, if anything like that did happen you would be contacted directly. I can find out why they changed it tomorrow if you like and no one logs on and answers first!

LDUK

Master Poster
Of course not bud, if anything like that did happen you would be contacted directly. I can find out why they changed it tomorrow if you like and no one logs on and answers first!

Oh phew lol. Thats good news. Ok thanks a bunch. Don't go out your way if it's too much trouble pal, just curious.

Meds

We were selling both Creative & ASUS sound cards and decided to concentrate on just the one brand, so unfortunately we have discontinued the whole of the ASUS Sound Card range. This takes nothing away from their performance etc as you will know from the research you did prior to ordering it.

As far as I'm aware we have the stock for your order however, should anything occur you will be contacted directly by one of our Sales Team.

LDUK

Master Poster
We were selling both Creative & ASUS sound cards and decided to concentrate on just the one brand, so unfortunately we have discontinued the whole of the ASUS Sound Card range. This takes nothing away from their performance etc as you will know from the research you did prior to ordering it.

As far as I'm aware we have the stock for your order however, should anything occur you will be contacted directly by one of our Sales Team.
Ok that's good news. Hopefully I'll hear nothing lol.

Al.Neri

Super Star
I just noticed the 12gb ram option being removed, that was one of the options I was going to have on my order when I submit it.

it's not a permanent removal is it?

LDUK

Master Poster
I just noticed the 12gb ram option being removed, that was one of the options I was going to have on my order when I submit it.

it's not a permanent removal is it?

That would suck if this is the case. But unlikely.

Zeplini

When we have issues we will temporary remove items from the configuration tool on the website to stop more customers ordering that combo, we will then re-instate the spec once we have a fix or have bought a replacement item - when you deal with as many components as we do, conflicts arise from time to time

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
An issue has arisen with the ASUS motherboard and the Corsair 12GB option - ASUS are aware of the issue but do not have a fix at the moment. Therefore we have listed Kingston HyperX as a temporary/permanent 12GB solution. This is on the ASUS QVL list and any affected customers will be contacted directly in due course.

LDUK

Master Poster
An issue has arisen with the ASUS motherboard and the Corsair 12GB option - ASUS are aware of the issue but do not have a fix at the moment. Therefore we have listed Kingston HyperX as a temporary/permanent 12GB solution. This is on the ASUS QVL list and any affected customers will be contacted directly in due course.

Oh dear :S That's what I ordered! What exactly is the problem? Does this problem happen with all ASUS motherboards and Corsair RAM?

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Not really a "major" problem, but occasionally and randomnly the system does not detect the full 12GB of RAM. PC's still function perfectly and the 12GB of RAM can be detected by other programs, so it appears to be running and using the full 12GB, just not showing it. Either way it's an issue as ASUS are working to resolve it. For the time being we're using a QVL part (Kingston) and if you're affected you will be contacted directly by our support team with a resolution.

Zeplini

luke we wont let your pc leave the building with a known issue, all we may do is dispatch with kingston in place of the corsair which is looking to be the current solution - dont worry m8 i have 6 pc's in my care with this issue and i wont release any of them to QC till im happy

LDUK

Master Poster
luke we wont let your pc leave the building with a known issue, all we may do is dispatch with kingston in place of the corsair which is looking to be the current solution - dont worry m8 i have 6 pc's in my care with this issue and i wont release any of them to QC till im happy

Hmmm ok then pal. So how are the Kingston RAM? What are the specs, how reliable and stable are they, and how do they compare to the Corsair? I might be just fine with the trade.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
The Kingston memory will be from the QVL (Qualified Vendor List) released by ASUS, which means it's been tried and tested to work to the specification without problems.

Zeplini

if there are any problems luke i will contact you, or ask one of the guys to call from the support centre - i wont release a pc to qc unless im convinced its 100% - im holding one back now that's worth 3.5k, other company's would have shipped that just for the sale.