Viper 3 problem

XNeoNXz

I just received my Viper 3 yesterday morning and over the last few hours I have crashed 5-7 times. When I say crash I mean my screen completely froze and I lost all function of the keyboard/mouse and my only option is to restart the laptop. During these crashes, I have also received the "Blue Screen Of Death" at least once.

My specs are:
Chassis & Display Viper III: 18.4" Glossy Full HD LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Mobile Processor i7-2860QM (2.50GHz) 8MB
Memory (RAM) 8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 (2 x 4GB)
Graphics Card 2 x 1.5GB nVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 560M - DirectX® 11 (SLI)
2nd Graphics Card NONE
Memory - 1st Hard Disk 500GB SERIAL ATA II 2.5" HARD DRIVE WITH 16MB CACHE (7,200rpm)
2nd Hard Disk NONE
RAID NONE
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 8x SATA DVD±R/RW/Dual Layer (+ 24x CD-RW)
Memory Card Reader Internal 9 in 1 Card Reader (MMC/RSMMC/SD: Mini, XC & HC/MS: Pro & Duo)
Thermal Paste ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND (£9)
Sound Card Intel 5.1 Channel High Definition Audio + SPDIF/MIC/Headphone Jack
Network Facilities GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS 802.11N CARD INC. BLUETOOTH 3.0
USB Options 2 x USB 3.0 PORTS + 3 x USB 2.0 PORTS AS STANDARD
Battery Viper Series 8 Cell Lithium Ion Battery (4,700 mAh)
Power Lead & Adaptor 1 x UK Power Lead & 220W AC Adaptor
Operating System Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£79)
Office Software FREE Microsoft® Office Starter 2010 (Limited functionality Word & Excel)
Anti-Virus BULLGUARD INTERNET SECURITY - FREE 90 DAY TRIAL
Laptop Cooling Stands NONE
Carry Case NONE
Monitor NONE
Keyboard & Mouse INTEGRATED UK KEYBOARD
Mouse INTEGRATED 2 BUTTON TOUCHPAD MOUSE
Speakers NONE
Webcam INTEGRATED 2.0 MEGAPIXEL WEBCAM
Headsets (VOIP) NONE
Surge Protection NONE
Printer NONE
External Hard Drive NONE
Warranty 3 Year Standard Warranty (1 Month Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Home Installation NONE
Dead Pixel Guarantee NONE
Insurance 1 Month Free Laptop Insurance inc. Accidental Damage & Theft
Data Recovery NONE

Can someone please help?

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
give PCS a ring,and while you are on the phone, ask for an upgrade to silver warranty, its only a fiver

paul1224

Could be a whole variety of reasons for the crashes.
I would recommend making sure all drivers are up to date and current and trying to get the error code when it blue screen crashes to try to give a better indication where the problem may be.
As it is brand new call PCS and they will help troubleshoot for you and if need be take it back for repair if there is a fault that can't be rectified over the phone.

XNeoNXz

I gave them a call and they said that there is a problem with the new 1600mhz RAMs. So they are sending over a replacement 1333mhz RAM with refunding for the downgrade. Now I am having problems the laptop because 5 of the screws are defected as they were screwed on too tightly by the engineer who assembled my laptop...

Visby

Sounds very, very similar to what happened with my new Viper 3, a few weeks back (same spec as yours). Did they get that sorted yet? In my case they thought it was the RAM as well, but eventually the whole thing had to go back, as it turned out to be the motherboard at fault. Definitely frustrating, but they did get it fixed pretty quickly in the end, and I've now been using it a week without any problems popping up. Would definitely recommend the warranty as well, if it can be increased