My new PC review /w pics

gakkan

Hi all, it finally arrived!

I found PCS just through googling "build your own pc" the website is a pleasure to explore, i was on the main page and forums most days just browsing with ease, looking at all the advice and help from the community, confident that this was the place i wanted to use.
My initial build had to be cancelled through email as i had to have some work done to the car (girlfriends fault =P) but PCS cancelled and refunded within 24 hours, kudos to them.
Eventually had a budget of around 600, with a lot of help from the marvellous forum we came up with this spec, a few days after i ordered, i added an extra 4gb ram addition, which i think is a brilliant service from PCS.

Case PCS MAELSTROM T900 BLACK GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU) AMD PHENOM II X4 QUAD CORE 960T (3.00GHz/6MB CACHE/AM3)
Motherboard ASUS® M5A78L-M/USB3: M-ATX, USB 3.0, SATA 3.0Gb/s
Memory (RAM) 4GB SAMSUNG DUAL-DDR3 1333MHz (2 X 2GB)
Change to: 8GB SAMSUNG DUAL-DDR3 1333MHz (2 X 4GB)
Graphics Card 1GB AMD RADEON™ HD6870 - 2 DVI,HDMI,2 mDP - DX® 11, Eyefinity 4 Capable
2nd Graphics Card NONE
3rd Graphics Card NONE
Memory - 1st Hard Disk 500GB SEAGATE Barracuda SATA-III 6Gb/s HDD, 32MB Cache (7200rpm)
2nd Hard Disk NONE
RAID NONE
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
2nd DVD/BLU-RAY Drive NONE
Memory Card Reader NONE
Power Supply 450W Quiet 80 PLUS Dual Rail PSU + 120mm Case Fan (£29)
Processor Cooling STANDARD AMD CPU COOLER
Fan Controller NONE
Sound Card ONBOARD 8 CHANNEL (7.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs
USB Options 6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD
Modem NONE, I WILL BE USING BROADBAND
Floppy Disk Drive NONE
Firewire & Video Editing NONE
TV Card NONE
Operating System Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£79)
Office Software NO OFFICE SOFTWARE
Anti-Virus NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Monitor NONE
2nd Monitor NONE
DVI-D & HDMI Monitor Cables NONE
Eyefinity / GeForce 3D Vision NONE
Keyboard & Mouse NONE
Mouse NONE
Speakers NONE
Webcam NONE
Headsets (VOIP) NONE
Surge Protection NONE
Cable Tidy NONE
Printer NONE
External Hard Drive NONE
Warranty 3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)
Home Installation NONE
Data Recovery NONE
Delivery STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time Standard Build - Approximately 10 to 12 working days
Charity Calendar NONE
Pricing Information
Price (excluding VAT) £506.67
Price £608.00
Order Quantity 1
Bulk Discount £0.00
Total Order price (Ex VAT) £506.67
Total Order Price £608.00

Wattage
Maximum Required Power 421W

Production Dates
Processed Date 25-01-2012
Pre-Production Date 31-01-2012
Build Date 13-02-2012
Test Date 14-02-2012
QC Date 14-02-2012
Awaiting Dispatch Date 15-02-2012
Dispatch Date 15-02-2012

Who Worked on This Order?
Built By James Nisbet
Tested By Zbear Ramzan
QC'd By Adnaan Marban
Packed By Anthony Cunliffe

Took ages to go through processing, but after that it flew through the building and testing stages, was well informed by PCS all the way through with emails and texts, delivery was spot on the estimated time i got the text, even got a smile and a "have a nice day" from the driver =)

Only had a few hours to try it out initially because i had a 6 day stint at work -_- (knew i should have booked a week off) When i opened the box i heard a great thud and a lot of rattling, my first thoughts were oh no something has fallen out, after reading a few posts i knew this could happen, fortunately it was only the front panels on the case, they were all loose, big relief. The box is very well packaged and the first thing you see is the welcome pack, as i imagine with everyone else, it got thrown to the side/on the floor for opening later =P Took the PC upstairs opened it up and connected the main case fan and started installing all my stuff, held my breath through most of it hoping there were no problems, everything seemed fine. Done my 6 days of work now and had 2 great days playing SWTOR, my original PC could only get around 11fps but now im cruising at an awesome 110fps. Just need to buy a few more games now, thinking portal 2, crysis 2 and starcraft 2 to start with. Overall i think PCS have done a fantastic job and i thank them all for their brilliant website and service, plus the forum community for helping me =)

10 out of 10

Pics

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/2533/img1767h.jpg

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/6545/img1769l.jpg

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/7039/img1771lq.jpg

Last edited: