Viper III replacement (Clevo P270WM) SLI GTX 675M DELAYED INDEFINITELY

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately we have received notification today that the new and highly anticipated SLI GTX 675M P270WM chassis has been delayed indefinitely.

This means that we can no longer provide any idea of an estimated launch date. This is due to the fact that the failure rate in testing has been over 50% and therefore Clevo have taken the model "back to the drawing board" to re-design and fix the issues.

As soon as we receive and updates we will post them here, but for now please consider the new Vortex III range or expect to wait many months.

No further information other than the above is available at present.

Lairion

That sucks, been holding out for this laptop myself, weird thing is i found several American retailers that have sold and are still selling this laptop :(

kam67

Enthusiast
Yes I have also noticed that this laptop still seems to be on offer in the U.S. Furthermore, apart from the post in this forum, I can't find any more info about this delay.

Encolpius

Silver Level Poster
Needs a name, this model, methinks, because some of the names of PCS kit ("Skyfire," "Warspite," "Vortex,") are seriously cool but others ("Viper," "Voyager," "Enforcer,") are a bit, well, lacking.

Here's some suggested names for the Viper replacement:

- Gorgon
- Shriek
- Albedo
- Svaha
- Tempest
- Tiercel

ellspeedy

Enthusiast
Only name that stands out to me from that list is Tempest, which i think would be a class name for a laptop (assuming the laptop looks good :D)

Lairion

is naming this laptop not a bit off-topic since its been delayed indefinitely... tempest sounds good tho lol

Looks like the Americans are a bit ****ed at this news looks like some retailers are trying to hold off on refunds by making up stories.

Last edited:

kam67

Enthusiast
Quite shocking that certain resellers (eg Sager, Xoticpc - last time I checked) are still offering it, even though the news that it has been indefinitely delayed has spread.

Finn

Enthusiast
I was more surprised by the amounts of money people had paid out for a pre-order for a laptop without an exact release date :eek:

Last edited:

kam67

Enthusiast
Some of these U.S. resellers seem so desperate to sell, that they have thrown any any concern for the end user to the wind.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
An update to this thread...

We have just been informed that Clevo have not been able to resolve some major issues with the P270WM and therefore they have been forced to re-start the project. The target production date is now October 2012 which means that (including shipping time) we will be expecting stock in December 2012 at the earliest. :(

If we hear any further information we will let you know.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
UPDATE

We finally have some news regarding this chassis. The chassis will be re-launched as the P570WM and stock will land roughly towards the middle of November. The full specification is:

P570WM1.jpg

P570WM2.jpg

dangro474

Bright Spark
Damn that looks amazing.

I'm guessing dual PSU's will be required to operate the laptop with SLI 680M's (100W TDP each) + a 130W CPU?

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not sure if this chassis will support two GPUs. The GPU states that it supports SLi but there is no mention of multi GPU support here unless I am mistaken.

M3zxu

Silver Level Poster
well, in the weight it gives a remark "including single vga card" so I'd suppose that gives a hint that there's room for two ;)