How do I install iCEnhancer 2.0 on GTA IV?

Jiyuu

Silver Level Poster
I downloaded the file, but I don't understand how I'm supposed to install it on GTA IV. Please help me out :wacko:

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
If you have the steam version then you can not use it, so there is no point trying at the moment because the game just doesn't load

There should be a new release for steam soon

if its not on Steam, then there should be a 'read me.txt' file, open that and it should give you some instructions on how to install it

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
I use steam the latest release does support steam and even liberty city stories, although it doesnt look as good as modding 1.4

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
I use steam the latest release does support steam and even liberty city stories, although it doesnt look as good as modding 1.4

owl-orly-jpg.32806

Jiyuu

Silver Level Poster
It's not linked to my steam account.

There is no read me.txt file.

I followed that gamespy guide earlier before but it didn't work :(

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
Extract the contents of the folder depending of what version you want to use.
Go inside the folder.

Select EVERY FILE inside. Even folders. Everything.
Copy them.

Go inside the GTA 4 folder (/Rockstar Games/Grand Theft Auto IV)
Paste them here.

Remember to back up your gta 4 folder first .... then you can start experimenting with other mods....

"Busy city" is awesome ...

If it asks to replace files. Press YES.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
I managed to get this working last night, and tbh, im pretty disappointed, it looks good, but nowhere near real life as many say it does, i must be missing something, its definitely modded as it has real cars and not so cartoony but, still, nowhere near real life

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Does anyone know what button is the actual pause button in game, every time i press escape i just get a map and have no other options...

EDIT: nevermind, its that bug that was explained, i didnt realise, better get sorting then :/

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
icenhancer just changes some lighting effects a couple of textures and adds more anti aliasing options...

most of the youtube vids are using a combination of mods..

try adding better city textures, real hd car pack, busy city mod, add a realistic trees/roads and any other mods .... just remember to back up gta 4 files before you start

currently i'm using this guy's version of icenhancers 2.0 with the above mods

even though i kept the original sky texture cos ^ that mod goes a bit OTT with the stars

Last edited:

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
ah right ok

i might try out some others then

although its looking pretty good after i sorted out text and cranked everything up on the graphics options

truegrace

Enthusiast
Just finished me dl of gta, does anyone know if modding disables acheivements? I'm guessing not as the game probably wont know that it has been modded, hopefully :)

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
well there is something you need that blocks out online gameplay, so i imagine it probably blocks achievements, i did the first couple of missions and didn't get any achievements and nothing on games for windows comes up any more and pressing home doesn't do anything

truegrace

Enthusiast
hum, might have a playthough first to rinse the achievements, the mod it up, almost debated modding first, but then figured would I want to go back and play through with a not so nice looking GTA.
Your 570 handle it ok modded?

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
yeh, i didnt take any temps but i didnt get any frame lag at all it was all smooth and thats with everything at 100, except for vehicle density as i don't want loads of cars

It says that it should be using about 1.5GB of VRAM, although it doesn't seem to be filling my 1.25GB

Will look at adding them other mods then too, although it may begin to lag :/

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
icenhancer just changes some lighting effects a couple of textures and adds more anti aliasing options...

most of the youtube vids are using a combination of mods..

try adding better city textures, real hd car pack, busy city mod, add a realistic trees/roads and any other mods .... just remember to back up gta 4 files before you start

currently i'm using this guy's version of icenhancers 2.0 with the above mods

even though i kept the original sky texture cos ^ that mod goes a bit OTT with the stars

hey what are the names of all the graphics mods you use (not busy city)

I found the trees and roads, so ill do that now

Jiyuu

Silver Level Poster
Extract the contents of the folder depending of what version you want to use.
Go inside the folder.

Select EVERY FILE inside. Even folders. Everything.
Copy them.

Go inside the GTA 4 folder (/Rockstar Games/Grand Theft Auto IV)
Paste them here.

Remember to back up your gta 4 folder first .... then you can start experimenting with other mods....

"Busy city" is awesome ...

If it asks to replace files. Press YES.

I pasted the files in, but I didn't get any prompts pop up and when I started the game up it hadn't changed at all :(