p170em-7.JPG

p170em-8.JPG

p170em-9.JPG

p170em-10.JPG

p170em-11.JPG

PlasticTastic

Bronze Level Poster
asdafafagadsafafa...

So will the colours just be changeable whenever we want (I.e press a button to make it yellow, or green, or rainbow, or fade between)? And can we turn it off in the day to save batteries?

lod193

There are Fn combinations on the keyboard to activate/deactivate, brighten and dim the keyboard as well as one that brings up the customisation interface which has a few different preset options such as "flash, dance, wave" & some others I can't remember off the top of my head and the "custom" option where you can set the individual colour of each third of the keyboard to any of the colours listed above.

As for saving batteries there is the usual energy saving mode option which seems to turn the GPU off (and probably a bunch of other things) as well as the option to turn the lights on the keyboard off altogether.

omens

Gold Level Poster
Goddamn that looks good! Wish I could cancel my order but since I bought my laptop almost nine months ago, I don't think it'll work.

Red0x

Available on the Vortex III LE?

Is it possible to replace the standard keyboard on the Vortex III LE with this one? Not a dealbreaker obviously but it'd sure a welcome option!

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Is it possible to replace the standard keyboard on the Vortex III LE with this one? Not a dealbreaker obviously but it'd sure a welcome option!

Unfortunately not, the standard keyboard is what keeps the price of this chassis lower.

Luxas

Bronze Level Poster
It's hard to imagine I will have one like that pretty soon :p
ps. Great pictures !
ps500. Is there any difference in the shape of the enter key on the keyboard between US and UK layout?

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
The enter key is the same on both the UK and US keyboard versions.

Luxas

Bronze Level Poster
Could you also tell me if any physical difference exist? (more buttons, or moved button) I am not asking about the standard theoretical difference. [label on key] The pictures to compare would be great.

Thanks in advance!

Luxas

Bronze Level Poster
I just got to know there are no US keyboard stocked so there is no need for the photos.

Firtho

The big question is how does one actually change the lighting - I have a vortex III and I can't for the life of me find the software that deals with the keyboard backlighting, nor any reference to where to find it on these forums!

Status
Not open for further replies.