7970M Delay

Maestro

A quick update. We recieved the delivery of the 7970M Vortex chassis yesterday and are working flat out to get these diaptched. Even though we had loads of pre-orders we had many more delivered than we had orders for. However since delivery, there have obviously been customers waiting to place orders and this now means there are only limited numbers left, which I expect will be sold out in the next few days. So if you have been putting off ordering, you need to be aware that once these have gone it is roughly another 4-5 weeks until our next delivery. :(

Last edited:

icehot

I must admit I was one of those people waiting until delivery of these was confirmed, I ordered yesterday and am awaiting for Saturday delivery :)

ObserverJLin

Bronze Level Poster
A quick update. We recieved the delivery of the 7970M Vortex chassis yesterday and are working flat out to get these diaptched. Even though we had loads of pre-orders we had many more delivered than we had orders for. However since delivery, there have obviously been customers waiting to place orders and this now means there are only limited numbers left, which I expect will be sold out in the next few days. So if you have been putting off ordering, you need to be aware that once these have gone it is roughly another 4-5 weeks until our next delivery. :(

Do you restock the 7970m after the cards have sold out or when there is only a specific amount left over?

Maestro

We have orders on months in advance. We dont wait until we run out then place a new order. The normal method of delivery is by sea from the far east which is a 6 week trip so there is a lot of forecasting to be done. We will run out simply because we didnt expect the level of demand we had.

youcraigatsix

We have orders on months in advance. We dont wait until we run out then place a new order. The normal method of delivery is by sea from the far east which is a 6 week trip so there is a lot of forecasting to be done. We will run out simply because we didnt expect the level of demand we had.

That's hugely disappointing, I wont be able to order until next week. Perhaps I put too much faith in the statement "foreseeable future". As the cheapest most reliable configurable laptop service in the UK I can't believe that you have underestimated the demand of this card. I wish the downgrade GPU options held a candle to the 7970m but they simply don't.

Benadiction

Bronze Level Poster
That's hugely disappointing, I wont be able to order until next week. Perhaps I put too much faith in the statement "foreseeable future". As the cheapest most reliable configurable laptop service in the UK I can't believe that you have underestimated the demand of this card. I wish the downgrade GPU options held a candle to the 7970m but they simply don't.

I know it's disappointing, however are you really complaining about PCS not being psychic? Forecasting was calculated, extra stock was bought on top of cards that were already prepurchased, fully expecting them to last until a new delivery window. You can't blame PCS for more people ordering more than they had planned for. As far as you know they might have been off their projections by only a couple of cards, that sounds like pretty amazing forecasting in that light.

To turn it on its head. As you're so keen to get this card and clearly know how much better it is than immediately available GPU's. I cannot believe you lacked the foresight to preorder it knowing how popular it is.

Solutions however:

1. Go to your bank and extend your overdraft for the next two weeks.

2. Get a personal loan from your bank and pay it off in two weeks time, resulting in little or no interest.

3. Purchase using the finance available to you on the PCS website, clearing the ballance in two weeks resulting in little or no interest.

Last edited:

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Just to confirm - the 15.6" Vortex III (with 7970M) is almost sold out. After these have sold out the next batch is due on 20th July.

The 17.3" Vortex III (with 7970M) is OK for now and we have enough stock to last us until at least the end of June. Lots more stock due 18th July! :)

ObserverJLin

Bronze Level Poster

I suppose delivery by air is too expensive.

youcraigatsix

I know it's disappointing, however are you really complaining about PCS not being psychic? Forecasting was calculated, extra stock was bought on top of cards that were already prepurchased, fully expecting them to last until a new delivery window. You can't blame PCS for more people ordering more than they had planned for. As far as you know they might have been off their projections by only a couple of cards, that sounds like pretty amazing forecasting in that light.

To turn it on its head. As you're so keen to get this card and clearly know how much better it is than immediately available GPU's. I cannot believe you lacked the foresight to preorder it knowing how popular it is.

Solutions however:

1. Go to your bank and extend your overdraft for the next two weeks.

2. Get a personal loan from your bank and pay it off in two weeks time, resulting in little or no interest.

3. Purchase using the finance available to you on the PCS website, clearing the ballance in two weeks resulting in little or no interest.

No I am not complaining at all. I simply expressed my own personal opinion in regards to my situation. I believe PCs to be the best available option for consumers within the UK and appreciate the services they have available, however it is simply natural again in my situation to be disappointed. I understand the forecasting process and don't expect anyone to be psychic let alone a company providing a service such as this nor do I blame them for their underestimation of this cards demand. Saying that the only unfair and I believe ignorant statement- "I cannot believe you lacked the foresight to pre-order it knowing how popular it is" is particularly ignorant of you to the broad spectrum of financial situation within this economy, as not everyone(me included) has the money to spare on a non-established ETA of a product no matter how tempting it may be. Had I the option of doing this I would of course have done so. I see why my post could have been perceived the way it was and therefore apologize for the misconceptions it has caused.

Keep up the good work PCS and congratulations to those lucky enough to have there machines on the way!

Maestro

We will probably have the 17.3" version until next week, so you might be able to get one of the last few. The 15" version will be gone in the next day or so.