I currently spend a lot of each day waiting while Flash Pro compiles so I can check my latest bit of coding.
This takes anywhere up to about 20 or 30 seconds which over the course of the day makes me want to smash things.
I'd tired of waiting so I'm going to buy a decent desktop pc. However I don't know much about the guts of a PC and what I need. The only advice I've been given when asking is that I need an i5 or an i7, but that's not much to go on.
- I have £1000 to spend, but this has to also buy me 2 monitors, a wireless mouse, a wireless keyboard and windows 7.
- I use 2 monitors
- I don't need a lot of storage space 250 is probably fine
- I'd like windows 7 on it, but no other software
- For most of my day I use Adobe Flash Professional CS6, but a occasionally use Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and play around with sound files and video.
- It's possible in the future I'll do some video editing, but this isn't a priority for this purchase.
Here are my Current (slow publishing) Laptop specs:
Windows 7 Home Premium
Model: Studio 1555
Rating: 5.0 Windows Experience Index
Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4300 @ 2.10Ghz 2.10GHz
Installed memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
System type: 64-bit Operating System
As I said before those specs don't mean a lot to me, so any help in picking a new pc would be very much appreciated.