New computer frozen on "setup is starting services" help please

Patrick

I got my computer delivered about an hour ago, plugged everything in and turned it on and its just constantly getting stuck on "setup is starting services"

Dunno wat to do anu siggestions?

Thankd

Sleinous

Author Level
This is a common problem with sysprep tool provided by microsoft, occasionally it corrupts the install after re-preparing the setup for first use (bit where u enter pc name etc)

To reinstall:

Insert dvd, start pc, tap f8 repeatedly till asked to chose boot device, chose dvd drive, then when it says, 'press any key to continue..............' press a key. Chose custom instsll, overwrite previous install.

Once ur done and in windows, go to disk cleanup, then in the new dialog box that appears - select system files button (bottom left). Then tick. 'previous windows installations' also, windows instsll logs and other large dumps and logs.

Job done.

Patrick

Ive got something different up now it let me choose my language and that, then agree to terms and conditions. Now its reinstalling windows 7 again and re naming the old windows 7 as windows.old or something not sure if i have done it right though

Gishank

Bright Spark
You've not formatted the drive, but no worries you can deleted the Windows.old folder after it's all installed and runing.

Sleinous

Author Level
You've not formatted the drive, but no worries you can deleted the Windows.old folder after it's all installed and runing.

Ticking the "remove previous windows installations" box in disk cleanup will do the same thing, and faster, as most of teh time there are things that dont want to delete when you just right click delete on that windows.old folder.

Anyway, yes, youre up and running, once youve swept away the old install, youre ready to go!