Best anti-virus / internet secrity package

Hi Guys, i want protection for my PC. Need all bases covered (firewall, anti-virus, spyware and all the other things).

What is the best software out there?
I dont mind paying as long as its worth it (on my old pc i currently run AVG)

Any advice welcome!

Thanks

Matt

abdulhamid

Enthusiast
I currently use Kaspersky 2011, which I got free through my online barclays bank account. I think the offer is still available if you have a barclays account and comes with a 3 user serial.

Matt00011

Silver Level Poster
Some people rave about Comodo Internet Security, that has the anti virus and firewall, add Malware Bytes Anti-Malware to this and your good to go! - ALL for free

Phoenix

Prolific Poster
The best one I've come across is the paid version of AVG, with pretty much every other package if you get a rootkit it will be a lot more difficult to remove. The paid version of AVG also comes with everything you need to stay safe online.

Matt00011

Silver Level Poster
The best one I've come across is the paid version of AVG, with pretty much every other package if you get a rootkit it will be a lot more difficult to remove. The paid version of AVG also comes with everything you need to stay safe online.

Give me Avast, MSE or Avira any day of the week. Avast free is on my PC at the moment. I use Malware Bytes, Super Anti-Spyware along with it and I feel very secure.

I've also tried HIPS products in the past such as DefenseWall, pretty good at keeping out the nasties if you know what your doing and what connections to allow etc, also a mention for Sandboxie it's a great app mate.

GMER is a good freeware program to bust those rootkits too! :)

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Eset nod 32,if you want to pay,but ms security essentials is as good as any & its free.

Pete

Bright Spark
mhh i was just about to slate the MS version as it had perhaps the lowest detection rate 12 months ago but the reviews seem quite good now.

I use Avast and the windows firewall (which is fine as long as you're not on XP) along with SpyBot. I used to use ZoneAlarm, which worked well on XP but not on Vista (probably fixed by now i'd hope). Looking forward to going Win7 when my new PCS computer arrives!

PC Pro Reviews
PC Advisor

Gishank

Bright Spark
MS Security Essentials is the best free one. However paid, I personally vouch for ESET's Smart Security as it offers all around superb protection, the best on the market and fairly well priced in my opinion.

JakAttack

Resident Metalhead
Staff member
I've used Microsoft Security Essentials for the last 6 months, must admit I can't fault it, it doesn't bug me, doesn't hog resources and keep the nasties out! Best freebie one in my opinion.

paul1224

I personally have used F-Secure Internet Protection for the last few years and have never had any issues and their technical support is also good.