Window7 Remote desktop not wokring

ping2ravi

Hi,
I am trying to switch on Remote desktop on Window 7 Home premium edition on my desktop(received yesterday), but i am not finding any option to switch on the remote desktop. In Vista and XP it used to be in My Computer Properties -> remote setting -> Remote desktop. But on this computer i am not able to find it.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/turn-on-remote-desktop-in-windows-vista/

Above link shows how to switch on Remote desktop in Vista but in Window 7 i am getting only Remote Assistance option and no remote desktop option(on Screen 3 in above link, ) :(

Any suggestion?

Thanks,
Ravi.

ping2ravi

I wanted this so that i don't need to keep two Keyboard/mouse on my table to access two computers, basically just keep another computer in remote desktop window.
Is there any PCS recommended KVM (Keyboard/Mouse switcher), i can use for the same purpose.
I have one Desktop i just bought from PCS and one All in one from Acer. Both computers will have there own screen(I cant switch screens for Acer ) but i want keyboard/mouse to be just one, and i have Wireless keyboard mouse.
Have spent one day trying to switch between keyboards and its not fun, many times start typing on different computer.

Any Suggestion?

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
I wanted this so that i don't need to keep two Keyboard/mouse on my table to access two computers, basically just keep another computer in remote desktop window.
Is there any PCS recommended KVM (Keyboard/Mouse switcher), i can use for the same purpose.
I have one Desktop i just bought from PCS and one All in one from Acer. Both computers will have there own screen(I cant switch screens for Acer ) but i want keyboard/mouse to be just one, and i have Wireless keyboard mouse.
Have spent one day trying to switch between keyboards and its not fun, many times start typing on different computer.

Any Suggestion?
VNC like gorman said,patch like i said,kvm like you said,then there's synergy.

Gorman

Author Level
As vanthus suggests the main options are there.

As for brand of KVM you can't really go wrong, although traditionally they will lean towards a one monitor setup.

Personally I would use vnc just like you would remote desktop.