Pre-Prod forever?

Maddeth

I know I am being impatient.

Just wondering why my order has been in pre-production since the 11th. Missing parts? Faulty? Would just like an update on what's happening, or would like to know if anyone else is in the same boat.

This is the first time I have not built my own PC in 10 years, just anxious.

Regards

Maddeth

What was your order ;)

Damn fast reply...

Case
COOLERMASTER HAF 922 MID TOWER GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-950 (3.06GHz) 4.8GTs/8MB Cache
Motherboard
ASUS® P6X58D-E: DDR3, USB 3.0, SATA 6.0GB/s, 3-Way SLI
Memory (RAM)
4GB SAMSUNG DDR3 DUAL-DDR3 1333MHz (2 X 2GB)
Graphics Card
2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX460 - 2 DVI,HDMI,VGA - DirectX® 11, 3D Vision Ready
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
1TB WD CAVIAR GREEN WD10EARS, SATA 3 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
12x BLU-RAY RE-WRITER DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW (£88)
Memory Card Reader
INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT
Power Supply
CORSAIR 650W TX SERIES (TX650) 80+ ULTRA QUIET PSU (£76)
Processor Cooling
SUPER QUIET 22dBA TRIPLE COPPER HEATPIPE CPU COOLER (£19)
Sound Card
ONBOARD 8 CHANNEL (7.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities
ONBOARD 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs
USB Options
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD
Operating System
NO OPERATING SYSTEM REQUIRED
Office Software
NO OFFICE SOFTWARE
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Monitor
IIYAMA E2271HDS 22" LED WIDESCREEN, HDMI/DVI-D HD 1920x1080 (£139)
Keyboard & Mouse
Logitech® Wireless Desktop® MK250 Keyboard and Mouse Combo (£19)

Maddeth

Thanks for the fast reply, This may be a double post, pretty sure i posted this and it has just not shown yet...

Case
COOLERMASTER HAF 922 MID TOWER GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-950 (3.06GHz) 4.8GTs/8MB Cache
Motherboard
ASUS® P6X58D-E: DDR3, USB 3.0, SATA 6.0GB/s, 3-Way SLI
Memory (RAM)
4GB SAMSUNG DDR3 DUAL-DDR3 1333MHz (2 X 2GB)
Graphics Card
2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX460 - 2 DVI,HDMI,VGA - DirectX® 11, 3D Vision Ready
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
1TB WD CAVIAR GREEN WD10EARS, SATA 3 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
12x BLU-RAY RE-WRITER DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW (£88)
Memory Card Reader
INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT
Power Supply
CORSAIR 650W TX SERIES (TX650) 80+ ULTRA QUIET PSU (£76)
Processor Cooling
SUPER QUIET 22dBA TRIPLE COPPER HEATPIPE CPU COOLER (£19)
Sound Card
ONBOARD 8 CHANNEL (7.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities
ONBOARD 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs
USB Options
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD
Operating System
NO OPERATING SYSTEM REQUIRED
Office Software
NO OFFICE SOFTWARE
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Monitor
IIYAMA E2271HDS 22" LED WIDESCREEN, HDMI/DVI-D HD 1920x1080 (£139)
Keyboard & Mouse
Logitech® Wireless Desktop® MK250 Keyboard and Mouse Combo (£19)

Sleinous

Author Level
fast is my middle name! :p

(or not)

Well there seems nothing out of the ordinary about this spec so im a bit puzzeled too, but I should think its likely to be something like the i7 or the 2GB version of the 460 that is out of stock. Either that or there is just a bit of a back-log after the VAT increase a couple of weeks back.

willh

dont panic mate, mine has been in pre-prod since 04/01 (372350) thinking it is waiting for a part or two? This is my second order in 2 months though & my first was turned around very quick and I received regular updates. Just remember good things come to those who wait.

Skinner

Bronze Level Poster
Yeah I think it can just take a while. Mine was processed on 04-01-2011, went into Pre-Production on 11-01-2011 (about 11 working days ago) and still hasn't gone into the building phase yet. Being excited about a new PC doesn't help either!

Actually thinking about it, any idea when it might be ready Sleinous... :eek:) Sorry for jumping in your thread Maddeth.

Sleinous

Author Level
Heh, unfortunately I have no access to the building room spy cams :p So I have no clue, but if you ordered on the 4th, i'd say you should see some progress this week ;)

Pe-prod is the longest stage, (because not only is it about, do we have the right parts in stock, but its also about placing the customer in a sometimes long queue to the building stage) Actual building can be done in 1-2 days, testing 1, dispatch straight after. The last 3 stages go by very quickly so watch out! :p

Maddeth

Thanks for the update :)

May have to set a "deliver after" or take some time off work next week (oh noes!)

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
We have been out of stock on some lines of Nvidia graphics cards, and as you ordered the GTX460 I think your order was held up by this.

It's likely your order will pass through production very soon and of course we'll dispatch it for you as soon as possible. :)

Maddeth

We have been out of stock on some lines of Nvidia graphics cards, and as you ordered the GTX460 I think your order was held up by this.

It's likely your order will pass through production very soon and of course we'll dispatch it for you as soon as possible. :)

Thanks for the update, I understand that you have a lot of work on, especially with the Christmas backlog, but an update through emails to let me know what was happening would have been really useful (and kept me less anxious).

I understand that you update us with issues while in building, I think it would be useful if you let us know if certain parts may take a little longer, as I may have adjusted my order if I knew that it would take a little longer due to stock, or at least been prepared for a longer wait.

I am not making a complaint, just an observation of my personal circumstances and offering some ideas that may prevent this in future.

I think you guys are doing a really good job and I still think it is worth the wait to have a fully customisable PC built and thoroughly tested for me, while having such fast responses through a forum that is not even an official support channel.

Hope this doesn't come across as whiny

Maddeth

Rakk

The Awesome
Maddeth also remember the estimated time on the site is in working days, not real days, so if you ordered on the 11th Jan you're only on the 6th working day so far, which is less than the 9-13 days estimate at the moment :)

MickyG

Enthusiast
Maddeth also remember the estimated time on the site is in working days, not real days, so if you ordered on the 11th Jan you're only on the 6th working day so far, which is less than the 9-13 days estimate at the moment :)

Hahaha, I like the "working days not real days" part :) Your right too, working days aren't real, the days between them are the real days :p

G