Cable management?

Put a fish in it?

Lets see then!, pics here!

5261934248_27fc6c8d25.jpg

4568736748_427892dcb4.jpg

bg92

Expert
This is my cable managemnt before and after :D
First two pics are before last three are after.
I'm not happy with it to be honest, but its is better than it was, before some of the cables were in the sixth hard drive bay and now its empty.

Attachments

• 20110120283.jpg
    20110120283.jpg
    513.1 KB · Views: 290
  • 20110120286.jpg
    20110120286.jpg
    748.4 KB · Views: 298
  • 20110120310.jpg
    20110120310.jpg
    719 KB · Views: 302
  • 20110120311.jpg
    20110120311.jpg
    612.7 KB · Views: 276
  • 20110121315.jpg
    20110121315.jpg
    580.8 KB · Views: 290

JSG10

Expert
Nice job :) Have you got a photo of the right side of afterwards? Only got the shot just after you've taken off all the cable ties. What a mess it makes without them! :D

bg92

Expert
btw if it was a modular psu it would have been much easier, a it would look better :D
I say NO to non-modular power supplies!

bg92

Expert
Thanks meds, I think I will do it again. I'll actually braid alll the cables, and possibly buy a window side panel and 5 blue led fans, and a fan controller, but first i have to save up a bit of cash for that. might even cost me around £100.
I was thinking about water cooling but that is just too expesnsive and my rig isn't overclocked so I will be fine with air.
I will add pics when I mod my rig further.

Meds

Sounds great! Yeah, PC modding is an expensive hobby but well worth it if that's what you're into. I hope to buy a new PC sometime within the next 12 months and put some effort into it's appearance, maybe with the help of Gorman? :D

bg92

Expert
Gorman's pc just looks too good, i'm so jealous. I'm planing to stay with this pc for the next two years and than upgrade, possibly be upgrading in september 2012, and then I might go with watercooling, and builidng it myself probably, but if I will be able to I will still buy some parts from you guys :D

Gorman

Author Level
Gorman's pc just looks too good, i'm so jealous. I'm planing to stay with this pc for the next two years and than upgrade, possibly be upgrading in september 2012, and then I might go with watercooling, and builidng it myself probably, but if I will be able to I will still buy some parts from you guys :D

hehe, cheers. Will be redoing the loop again in the next week or so. Will try and post some vids of the procedure this time.

bg92

Expert
Definately make a vid, and post it here. I need the knowledge on this for my future pc :D +rep just for the fact thay you have a custom water cooling.
Guys if gorman doesn't post a vid we shall give him -rep ;P

Ps I wouldn't do that personally

bg92

Expert
All you need is some cable ties, and maybe cable tie mount (not necessary) and obviously some spare time. It is worth it. That is if you havee a decent case for cable management.

shades

Silver Level Poster
I thought this was going to be a thread with pictures of the moderators in. Thank goodness it wasn't. I'll be able to sleep tonight.

Sie

Gold Level Poster
Gorman,

are your CCFL's on the stand alone switch or do you have them linked up to your Fan controller?

Tom DWC

I thought this was going to be a thread with pictures of the moderators in. Thank goodness it wasn't. I'll be able to sleep tonight.

Don't worry we wouldn't put you all through that thoroughly unpleasant experience. ;)

Though incidentally there is an old thread floating about somewhere that does just that...

Sie

Gold Level Poster
Ah nice, did you have to modify the fan controller to beable to dim/turn on/off the CCFL's or is it just one of those controllers that is a fan/neon controller?