Desktop wont turn on sometimes.

I turn on the button and probably twice in the past few days it turns on for a split sec then turns off I get no screen just I see lights turn on then right off, I have to unplug for a couple of seconds then plug back in then everything is fine, I have no errors or no blue screens and the PC runs like normal, is something going out? can someone give me an idea why this happens? thank you

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to our forums buckstrickland :)

Regarding your issue, what happens if you don't unplug the PC for a few seconds, does it not turn on?

Meds

I know this may sound a bit silly but when you push the on/off button does it stick or feel lose as though the switch isn't being pushed correctly?

I know this may sound a bit silly but when you push the on/off button does it stick or feel lose as though the switch isn't being pushed correctly?

It has always been loose, it feels the same when it turns on properly and when it turns on for a split second then turns off.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Are you sure it's not sticking, because pressing and holding the power button in will cause it to cut off after a few seconds of being turned on? Next timer it happens gently nudge the power button to see if it pops back out.

Meds

Strange..... can you please PM your order number to me and I will get Tech Support to look into this in the morning - they may have come across similar faults.

Are you sure it's not sticking, because pressing and holding the power button in will cause it to cut off after a few seconds of being turned on? Next timer it happens gently nudge the power button to see if it pops back out.

yep im certain its not sticking, its always a gentle press and its for less than a second.

it has now gotten worser, it turns on but it doesn't get to the motherboard screen and i dont hear the beep, after a 10-20 seconds it turns it self off, it does however bootup properly if i turn off the (power switch at the back) for 10 seconds and then turn it back on.

Meds

I have asked a couple of member of the Tech Support and RMA Dept to see if there could be a quick fix they know about and I'm afraid they haven't been able to think what it could be. At this stage, I would recommend going down the official channels and contact Tech Support via email/phone - details can be found in my sig.