TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Intel's new naming scheme will be something like:
  • i3 = Bogart
  • i5 = Flasher
  • i7 = Mohawk
  • i9 = Stripe
Rules for Intel buyers:
  1. Do not expose Intel to high powers. The reaction causes a motherboard to either be killed via a gruesome melting process, as seen with i9 14900KS on youtube, until the CPU's own silicon melts away. If exposed briefly, Intel crashes with no BSOD. Intels are known to be afraid of sustained workloads and high clocks.
  2. Do not get Intel wet. The reaction with water, causes Intel to spawn more cores. However, the creature will only spawn efficiency versions.
  3. Do not use Intel after midnight. Intel seem to instinctively desire to self-destruct after midnight in order to advance to the thermonuclear stage of their evolution. Upon feeding after midnight, Intel become encased in lava and go through a metamorphosis into the i9 form.

names of the gremlins from the movies

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I just thought I'd link back to the announcement and reviews of the 10th Gen Intels and what was being said at the time, this was 4 years ago, 10th gen was just a refresh of the first Skylake which was 6th Gen released in 2015, every processor up until 11th Gen was simply a refresh, adding cores and increasing frequency and voltages.

It wasn't until Ryzen 3000 hit alongside 10th Gen that Intel recognised they finally had a fight on their hands and actually had to start looking at new designs again. They spent the better part of a decade simply refreshing and screwing customers.

The IPC uplift from 5th Gen Broadwell through to 10th Gen which was the last of the Skylake designs was only 10%!!!! You'd typically find that in an architecture shift within a 2 year window.

Intel got too big for their boots and thought they could rest on their laurels and it's bitten them in the behind. Their only solution, as their architecture is simply inferior is to apply every ounce of overclock available, to the point where it's actually now damaging CPU's, and rather than take ownership of their mistakes, and help customers achieve stability at the expense of performance and work with their partners rather than blaming them, they're answer is to gaslight everyone and deny it's anything to do with them.

4th Gen parts were a refresh of 3rd Gen which was called Haswell released in 2013, that is the last REAL Intel processor where they were actually innovating. The rest since has been either lying to customers, or desperately trying to keep relevant.

And the whole big / little architecture since 12th Gen, is simply irrelevant on the X86 architecture, the whole point of big / little is to offload resources onto low power weaker cores TO SAVE ENERGY during menial tasks like working on the desktop. Where exactly is any of this energy saving on 12th to 14th Gen??? It's completely meaningless. The reason I suspect they've done this, is because the eCores are the old Atom architecture which goes all the way back to PineView in 2009. These are a seriously old architecture, but as such have extremely high yields and therefor low cost. You can see Intels strategy with the 14700k was simply to add 4 more eCores. That's absolutely zero to do with any kind of efficiency or power saving. It's simply to cut costs and keep thermal tolerances as they were unable to increase P cores above 8 without exceeding thermal limits as their efficiency just sucks!

15th Gen is really their last chance to really make something worthwhile, and they HAVE to dictate REAL baselines for board manufacturers, all this gaslighting that any voltage application out of the box is "in spec" is just offensive. I wouldn't be surprised if we see some board partners dropping Intel support for 15th Gen as a result of this.

Last edited: