Monitor for 4080

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
No sight of burn in whatsoever is really good news.
Mine's not used for productivity at all, and probably only 20 hours a week for gaming, so I've got even less chance of burn-in I guess.

It probably won't last more than 5 years before I fancy a change though - either to a 32" 4K or a 39" ultrawide 1440p (for the extra vertical).

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Mine's not used for productivity at all, and probably only 20 hours a week for gaming, so I've got even less chance of burn-in I guess.

It probably won't last more than 5 years before I fancy a change though - either to a 32" 4K or a 39" ultrawide 1440p (for the extra vertical).
I tend to keep monitors for a LOOONG time. My old dell 1080p ultra sharp I probably had for about a decade before the inverter board fried.

My last 2 were the shortest ones I replaced as actual gaming monitors simply because the G9 was just so utterly ludicrous, but when I’m still using the 4k for work daily and will repurpose the 1440p as a TV for the bedroom connected to an Apple TV and Plex.

I’ll be keeping the G9 for as long as it survives though I think

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
None of my old monitors are dead. They've all found lives with members of my family...in much the same was as all my old Macs.

My old gaming monitor is now my work's laptop second screen, which replaced the old 1080p screen, which was given to a great-nephew for his Xbox One.

My old Mac Cinema Display was given away with my old Mac Pro 3,1 as it connected directly to the back of it and wouldn't work with anything else.