Spyder’s Vinyl Showcase (With Added Toe)

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I've only ever heard the word 'Tinlicker' in 2 contexts, and I don't know if either relates to the artist above.
  1. pejorative term for someone from a specific part of Cornwall (only heard it in Cornwall though)
  2. term for someone who modifies electronic circuit boards to give them unexpected results
So they're either from Cornwall, are into EDM, or both?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I've only ever heard the word 'Tinlicker' in 2 contexts, and I don't know if either relates to the artist above.
  1. pejorative term for someone from a specific part of Cornwall (only heard it in Cornwall though)
  2. term for someone who modifies electronic circuit boards to give them unexpected results
So they're either from Cornwall, are into EDM, or both?
They are an EDM (electronic dance music) duo producer from Dutchland.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The 2020 4 disc box set of Rolling Stones - Goat Head Soup which includes a double album of The Brussels Affair, recorded live at the Forest National Arena on 17 October 1973

Scan from 2024-05-13 03_45_19 PM.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Kiasmos - Kiasmos, their first album, this is an Icelandic duo of Olafur Arnalds who I discovered last year, a really good Neo-classical composer, and Janus Rasmussen, but it's more techno vibes.

This is the first I've heard of them, they've just announced a second album which is on pre order. I really like Olafur, very talented guy.
Scan from 2024-05-14 10_04_04 AM.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Couple of great singles.

Martika - Toy Soldiers, been sampled of course by Eminem, it's a really great tune about a friend of hers who struggled with addiction. She showed real promise, but not sure what happened to her after her debut album which this is off of. Great tune

And then a killer of a tune, Altern 8 - E Vapor8, this was their huge hit and a massive staple of the early rave scene, still makes me jiggle like a weirdo. This is the limited DJ version which is done at 45rpm, this copy actually looks unplayed despite the worn cover, the spindle hole has absolutely no wear, the vinyl itself is flawless.

Scan from 2024-05-15 09_04_51 AM.jpg