The Big Fat Giveaway of the Year 2024

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Did your meeting with Hades 2 also lasted for 24 hours ? :D

No worries, take your time ^^
I've not bought Hades 2 yet. I had pre-ordered Ghost of Tsushima which is out this week, but given Sony forcing people to have PSN accounts to play first Helldivers 2 and also the Ghost of Tsushima multiplayer content, I decided to cancel the pre-order.

I think I'm going to buy Hades 2 once I upload this wheel as my refund has now cleared,

Enjoy and I shall send over the prize once you've both seen this!

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
I've not bought Hades 2 yet. I had pre-ordered Ghost of Tsushima which is out this week, but given Sony forcing people to have PSN accounts to play first Helldivers 2 and also the Ghost of Tsushima multiplayer content, I decided to cancel the pre-order.

I think I'm going to buy Hades 2 once I upload this wheel as my refund has now cleared,

Enjoy and I shall send over the prize once you've both seen this!

homer waiting for tron

Clone GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
I've just sent the Hi-Fi Rush Steam key over to @HomerJ after their prize winning wheeeeeeel and I noticed that there's a time limit on when the key needs to be redeemed which is before the next Humble Choice period starts at the beginning of June.

I'm guessing that's probably due to Tango Gamework's closure, so the game may not be available for purchase after that, so anybody interested in giving it a play might want to consider making a purchase. It may not be quite as drastic as it being pulled from sale, it could just be that Microsoft are only offering a limited number of Steam keys for Humble Bundle to sell off.

The other possibility is that there's going to be more limits on Steam keys going forward, so this might be the begining of the end of the Big Fat Giveaway, as it can't continue as easily if there's going to be time limits on how long keys will last. There doesn't appear to be time limits on the other games from this month, so I suspect it's down to the first reason.

I'll keep an eye out and update the thread as and when I have more info.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
As I say, it could be that, but the closure Tango Gameworks seems far more likely. If you go looking for Steam keys for older games no longer on sale (some of the original Telltale Games for example), you'll find some of their Steam keys go for crazy money.

Key resellers are chancers, but look at some of the prices for Telltale's Jurassic Park game:

Capture.JPG

With Tango Dreamworks closing and Humble Choice offering Hi-Fi Rush immediately afterwards, I wouldn't be at all surprised if some subscribers would have been tempted to sit on their Steam keys incase Microsoft did pull the game from Steam in the near future and the keys became really valuable. By limiting the keys to the start of July, it kills off the chance of this happening.

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
As I say, it could be that, but the closure Tango Gameworks seems far more likely. If you go looking for Steam keys for older games no longer on sale (some of the original Telltale Games for example), you'll find some of their Steam keys go for crazy money.

Key resellers are chancers, but look at some of the prices for Telltale's Jurassic Park game:

View attachment 41063

With Tango Dreamworks closing and Humble Choice offering Hi-Fi Rush immediately afterwards, I wouldn't be at all surprised if some subscribers would have been tempted to sit on their Steam keys incase Microsoft did pull the game from Steam in the near future and the keys became really valuable. By limiting the keys to the start of July, it kills off the chance of this happening.

some of those prices

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
I've just sent the Hi-Fi Rush Steam key over to @HomerJ after their prize winning wheeeeeeel and I noticed that there's a time limit on when the key needs to be redeemed which is before the next Humble Choice period starts at the beginning of June.

just letting you know, I went to redeem the game and it says can be redeemed up to June 3rd 2025, says I have 384 days left, so sounds like the deadline is not this June

EDIT - it redeemed so all good many thanks

Screenshot 2024-05-14 at 23-53-50 A very special gift just for you (pay what you want and help...png

Last edited: