|AVOID LOSING YOUR DATA INDEFINITELY IF YOUR HARD DRIVE HAS CRASHED!
- Computer crash? No problem! - Your photos, movies, music & files can be rescued after a crash!
- Warranty for a full Data Recovery! - Files rescued by professionals & returned to you at no extra cost!
- For all notebooks/PCs and hard drives - brand independent!
- 3 year full coverage & peace of mind All-in Data Recovery Warranty Service.
There is always a possibility that your computer's hard drive or your external hard drive may crash. A hard drive crash would mean that you lose all data that is stored on that drive. Imagine your digital photos, your music or video collection, your important documents.... All gone!
With our Data Recovery Service/Anti Datastrophe System a hard drive crash is not the end of the world. Even if your computer does not recognise the hard drive anymore, the data is usually still present on the drive and thereby might still be recoverable in our laboratory. Registering for our Data Recovery Service means a safe feeling for you. For a period of 3 years, you have the right to one data recovery of your hard drive in case it has crashed.
HOW IT WORKS:
- Purchase the Data Recovery Service package.
- On receipt of your computer, we will send you details of how to register online. You will then need to include details of the hard drive for which you wish to register the service. The service covers one data recovery of one device for a period of 3 years, valid only after registration.
- We will provide you details on how to contact our recovery specialists online or via telephone should your hard drive crash.
- After receiving a confirmation e-mail, you can ship the drive to our recovery specialists laboratory free of charge, using our shipping label.
- Upon arrival at our recovery specialists laboratory, you will be sent a diagnostic report by e-mail, including a list of recoverable files.
- After your confirmation, our recovery specialists laboratory will recover your data and send the recovered data back.
- Data losses that occurred before registering the service are not covered.
1. If I send off my hard drive, will I get the hard drive sent back afterwards?
The original drive is dismantled during recover process as the recovery may go down to platter level. Drive is kept and recycled. Recovered data is sent back to end user on either a new external drive or USB pen, dependent on the capacity of data recovered. It is therefore imperative that you make a decision before returning the drive for data recovery - do I want a new hard drive with the loss of my data, or do I need my data and accept that I will then need to purchase a new hard drive and re-install my operating system.
2. Will the operating system be recovered?
Due to licensing, OS is not recovered. Data only.
3. What happens if the data is not recoverable? Am I entitled to a refund of my data recovery service?
Success rate is 98% on a new drive. 80% for older, physically damaged drives. In the extreme circumstance where a recover cannot be carried out, the end user will receive a new external drive.
4. In the case where you return your computer to us for repair and we detect that your hard drive has failed, what will happen?
In this case we will contact you and offer you the data recovery service. Should you accept this we will send the hard drive to our data recovery specialist who will carry out the recovery and return to us the external hard drive or USB pen drive containing the recovered data. You will then have the opportunity to purchase a new hard drive from us and we will re-install your operating system and return the computer to you, where you can then copy across your recovered data.
5. What if I decide not to register until the hard drive fails, and then register and send the drive back a week later?
In this case the end user is then invalidating the terms and conditions and a recover will not be carried out. The drive will be sent back to the customer without any work carried out. Time stamps of data on the platters tells us this is the case.