What can I do that doesn't void the warranty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JozaP

I am looking to buy a new pc from you and I was just wondering what things I am allowed to do with it after I have it that wont void the warranty from you (platinum warranty). So here is my list of questions:

Can I overclock the system?
Can I add new fans to the case?
Can I add cathode tubes/LED's inside the case?
Can I replace components (such as CPU or GPU)?
Can I add custom water cooling?
Can I braid the cables inside the computer?

That is all the questions I can think of atm, there may be a few more later.

Thanks in advance :)

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I am looking to buy a new pc from you and I was just wondering what things I am allowed to do with it after I have it that wont void the warranty from you (platinum warranty). So here is my list of questions:

That is all the questions I can think of atm, there may be a few more later.

Thanks in advance :)

You can overclock and add new components as long as it does not damage the pc. If components that you install damage the pc then the warranty will be void.

Unlike with most computer companies, we allow you to open your case and install your own components without voiding your warranty on the following conditions:

•if the actions of the person installing the components cause damage to the computer, your warranty will be void;

•if the components you install cause problems with your computer, your warranty will be void;

•we will in no way support you installing your own components or with any problems you have relating to the components you have installed;

•we have over 30 different measures in place to detect if a component has been moved/removed and if you have moved/removed a component, your warranty will be void. You are only entitled to add extra components to your computer.

Rakk

The Awesome
And just adding to the bit about overclocking, you can happily overclock your CPU and it will not void your warranty as long as the overclocking does not cause any issues itself, but overclocking the GPU will void the warranty.

JozaP

Thanks for the quick reply, but when you say :

You are only entitled to add extra components to your computer.

Does this mean I cannot replace a component, even if the component is a fan or CPU cooler?

Also I know you may have answered some questions already, but would it be possible to just go through each of my questions and give a simple yes or no, just for clarification.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Thanks for the quick reply, but when you say :

Does this mean I cannot replace a component, even if the component is a fan or CPU cooler?

Also I know you may have answered some questions already, but would it be possible to just go through each of my questions and give a simple yes or no, just for clarification.

You can replace a fan and cpu cooler but the main idea (from my interpretation) is that if your actions cause a problem with your pc then your warranty would be void.

Rakk

The Awesome
The CPU yes as long as you're careful and not doing anything silly, the GPU no.

Yes

Yes

GPU yes, though if you replace with a GPU not from PCS obviously if it fails it will not be covered and if it causes failures elsewhere they wouldn't be covered either.
CPU not sure.

Dunno, if your custom watercooling broke and killed components then I suspect not.

Yes

JozaP

Thanks for the answers, and seeing as PCS are very open to me changing things I'll soon be getting my order in for a new pc :)

JozaP

I am just curious :) what type of watercooling set up are you referring to?

I was refering to fairly standard custom water cooling, so a pump, reservoir, radiator, a CPU block and GPU block all in one loop. Might possibly go double loop if I do go for it.

But this is only something I might do, as I'm not sure I have enough to set this up at the moment.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I was refering to fairly standard custom water cooling, so a pump, reservoir, radiator, a CPU block and GPU block all in one loop. Might possibly go double loop if I do go for it.

But this is only something I might do, as I'm not sure I have enough to set this up at the moment.

Well mate, if you plan to do that I wouldn't get a pre-build pc or I'd get a pre-build pc from a retailer that does the watercooling for you so you can get the warranty. As Rakk mentioned if there is a leakage with your watercooling then nothing would be covered, if you take the stock fans for the GPU your warranty would also be void. I also considered watercooling (I am still :) ) but decided it was just out of my depth in case a fault took place.

JozaP

Well mate, if you plan to do that I wouldn't get a pre-build pc or I'd get a pre-build pc from a retailer that does the watercooling for you so you can get the warranty. As Rakk mentioned if there is a leakage with your watercooling then nothing would be covered, if you take the stock fans for the GPU your warranty would also be void. I also considered watercooling (I am still :) ) but decided it was just out of my depth in case a fault took place.

This was my big question, PCS or self-build, thats why ive been asked about the warranty to see if it covers the same as building it myself. But due to other factors of the warranty compared to doing it yourself, I may just stick with a PCS build.
Luckily I wasnt 100% sure if I was going to watercool this system. and if that is the case I may just not do it. But I have set up watercooling before and have never had an issue yet.

Orpheus

Bronze Level Poster
Can someone tell me if undervolting the GPU will void the warranty too ?
Let's say I don't OC it at all but just want to lower the voltage to get better temperatures out of it ?

Also, not sure why OCing the CPU is allowed but not the GPU ? I'm having a hard time making sense of this tbh, especially on such expensive machines with components designed to do just that. But that's another story I guess..

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
I'm having a hard time making sense of this tbh,
You're not alone. Though I'd put the emphasis on the fact modern GPUs are generally quite locked down so you can't do much that would harm them. The policy seems a little out of date.

This topic is very old so I'm going to lock it as a necro, but please do start a fresh topic.

I can only suggest asking PCS directly for a policy update on overclocking GPUs. Perhaps ask them whether overclocking a GPU with supplied palit / zotac tools or tools like MSI Afterburner will void the warranty. As opposed to asking whether overclocking the GPU still voids the warranty...

When you hear back, let us know what they say :)

Status
Not open for further replies.