so um i got bored last night

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
and decided to make my own version of the classic space invaders lol. Ive purposfully not made it the same but similar. (Mainly because i didnt wanna spend too long on it) Took me about 5 - 6 hours id guess.

See what scores you can get. And let me know any bugs. You will need an updated browser since its all written in html5 so needs to support canvas and audio tags.

Safari has a known bug which means sounds wont play. This is not something I can really do anything about since my sounds are in ogg format, the current offending format for safari. Hopefully they release a patch soon.

Play Here

NilSatis

Bright Spark
HaHa; the old classic. Nicely done mate. Shame I cant say the same for my efforts at it. I thought I was on a roll until i was painfully shown there was only one life :)

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
HaHa; the old classic. Nicely done mate. Shame I cant say the same for my efforts at it. I thought I was on a roll until i was painfully shown there was only one life :)

Haha yeah I like being extra harsh, ive just stuck a front end on it cus was a bit crap before lol. Levels arent capped but difficulty stops increasing at 10. Although good luck getting to 10 lol

SrgColman

Enthusiast
7320, not even sure how I died lol, just suddenly and abruptly

-edit-

28770, my hand hurts from hitting space lol

Last edited:

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
lol I was thinking 28K wow, but then realised ive changed scoring system last night before i went to bed haha, the level number acts as a multiplier now :).

Corfate, I originally had it so you could shoot through shields however its too easy because u just end up hiding behind them and spamming space bar lol. Hence why I changed it.

Wozza, can you goto this website scroll down a bit and youll see a box, click in the box then press the enter key. See what keycode comes up, should be 13 i think.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
firefox, and whatever the latest version is, seeing as i downloaded it 3 days ago flash and java are all updated

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
firefox, and whatever the latest version is, seeing as i downloaded it 3 days ago flash and java are all updated

u still running linux yeah? ubuntu? you dont need flash or java for this, its all html5. I will try downloading firefox onto one of my linux machines later and try it

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
no, lol, i got my computer christmas day so im using that with windows 7, i cbb to try it on my laptop, the internet maxes out at about 20kb/s

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
no, lol, i got my computer christmas day so im using that with windows 7, i cbb to try it on my laptop, the internet maxes out at about 20kb/s

Ahh yeah forgot you got your pc. Hmm well im running latest firefox with windows 7 and not having a problem. If you could download an addon called firebug for firefox then i can tell you to try couple of things.

DanteWilhelm

Bright Spark
30k thereabouts, couldn't really be bothered to play much so I thought I'd get past the highest score I reads on this thread and then sotp there :p

cba to spell sory