BF3 Server!

TudorVII

Enthusiast
Drunken Monkey, I have added all maps, including Karkhand. Let me know if this is not ok.

Tom_gr7, I've added a script that kicks anyone that uses RPGs/Rockets and Noob Tubes/Nades and set it to Infantry Only.

Hope you enjoy it - It's online as this config now. :)

I'll be joining the server once my PC comes through, but might I suggest also adding the mortar to the boot list?

Gibbs

Gold Level Poster
Unfortunately, due to EA not logging the Mortar kills correctly I cannot restrict Mortars.
Most weaps use "Player X killed player Y with SMAW" kind of format where as mortars are logged the same as suicides and bad luck deaths
"Player X Death"
So it is impossible for the rules to differentiate between a genuine bad luck death / suicide and mortar fire. :(

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Infantry Only? No Vehicles? Wait...I thought I bought BF, not MW :D

(It's not my fault I 'sploded you with an SMAW...you were standing within 50ft of that tank...)

Gorman

Author Level
Infantry Only? No Vehicles? Wait...I thought I bought BF, not MW :D

(It's not my fault I 'sploded you with an SMAW...you were standing within 50ft of that tank...)

might just mean the ban on rpg etc is when used on infantry. I would hope.

PCS BF3 Cod server :/

Gibbs

Gold Level Poster
might just mean the ban on rpg etc is when used on infantry. I would hope.

PCS BF3 Cod server :/

All the server logs is "Player X killed Player Y with SMAW". It doesn't say whether they were on foot or in a tank.
So technically, killing a tank with someone inside is still using an SMAW to kill infantry. So it's either with vehicles and all weaps or no vehicles and banned weaps.

Another alternative is, I could make a script that stops people using, say, the M320 more than once in a minute sort of thing. That could work? A bit too lenient for tanks though perhaps.

Gibbs

Gold Level Poster
Another option would be to allow a person who is going to be playing on the server a lot this weekend to use in game admin controls such as !kick player ;)

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I have just never understood people's problem with RPGs etc. I can't stand the proper noob tubing of CoD, but is using an RPG/SMAW that bad? I for instance WUB using an RPG to take out a building that a cheeky sniper has managed to camp on (especially when they do so by jumping out of a heli...so we can't get to them!). Is that wrong? I can't see how. The weapon is in the game, so it can be used to kill other players, be they tank-bound or running away like a scared little girl :D Mortars annoy the bejeezus out of me, but I wouldnt say I want them removed, because its in the game...deal with it :)

Just my opinion :)

tom_gr7

Life Serving
on maps like metro rpg's and smaw's just get fired like mad, as its easy kills. (Or other confined maps)

Bigger maps I don't mind them, they aint very accurate at mid - long range anyway.

Fear

Prolific Poster
Just a pre-warning on limiting kits and weapons can get your server permanently banned as it is against the bfroe/t&c's your best bet is having a warning running in your text scroll warning players that constantly using rpg's and noob tubes on infantry will get them kicked from the server (but you will need someone to enforce it so best doing what gibbs suggested above by giving someone ingame admin)

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Am on the server now if any one wants to join. all billy no mates atm. :(

just been playing there, a very good setup, :) corfate was playing too, but he rage quit lol his words were (copied from origin chat)

"Corfate 19:44:09
my guns were broken"

edit - I did have to cut out a few of his sentences cause he was so raged...........

Last edited:

Corfate

Author Level
Think it'd be good if we scheduled some kind of team deathwatch between us pcs lot? Could be squad death match or something, winners take pride? :)

tom_gr7

Life Serving
well, you never know haha, im level 1 and could beat half the people on this forum

oh poor wozza, I'm not even going to attempt to take the mick, but ya only played 5games and got 23 kills so to say ya could beat half the people on the forums is quite a bit big headed.

Last edited: