Microphone Currently unavailable

Corfate

Author Level
I've got the Asus Xonar DG 5.1 soundcard, but i can't get any microphone to work through it. I've looked all over in the settings on both the soundcard and the windows sound settings, but to no avail :(

It's coming up as saying Microphone Currently Unavailable, and when i click on properties, No jack information available. (i'll post a screanie down below). Tried my headset in the mobo, working fine, talking to Tom over steam perfectly.

When the card came, some of the things that look like batteries were bent out of place, but everything else worked fine so i assumed the mic jack would too :/

Screanies:

Untitled111.png

Some of the circled things were bent quite abit:
soundcard.png

Thinking an RMA is needed? :(

Ps; thanks Tom for your help :p

Fear

Prolific Poster
Hey corfate in that top picture the 5th option down is that sound from your speakers or was that picking sound up from your mic ?

Fear

Prolific Poster
Did you try using that setting mate as that section is for incoming sound not output like itunes that should show on the playback tab also what other options are lower down.

Corfate

Author Level
Nope, nothing happens if i change that to the communication device :( I can disable it, and the sound still plays from iTunes :/

Anymore ideas?

Corfate

Author Level
Sent off an email to tech support asking their opinion/advice, i'll ring if i don't hear back today :)

Fear

Prolific Poster
If your bored and waiting have you tried reinstalling the drivers and have you definitely plugged the mic in the correct input jack :whistling: don't forget if everything else fails :hammer:

Corfate

Author Level
If your bored and waiting have you tried reinstalling the drivers and have you definitely plugged the mic in the correct input jack :whistling: don't forget if everything else fails :hammer:

Haven't tried reinstalling, do i just download them again? :p

Yes, it definitely is ;)

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I just spent a good 2 minutes scanning Cor's desktop trying to find anything incriminating :)

I was disappointed :( (apart from the fact you have Norton ofc...but that's just a given)

Fear

Prolific Poster
Haven't tried reinstalling, do i just download them again? :p

Yes, it definitely is ;)

Yeah D/L a fresh copy to your desktop then uninstall your existing soundcard drivers (i always do a restart after uninstalling) then reinstall the fresh set of drivers and hope that sorted it.

Corfate

Author Level
42 mins later on the phone with i think it was Mustaffa (i can't remember, sorry!) Tried new drivers, got a BSOD, multiple restarts and jack swaps, no luck :( Im getting a new one shipped out for delivery on wednesday :)

Big thumbs up to him for his help :) Good support as always :) Though he did speak extremely quiet, had to literally force the phone against my head to hear him sometimes :p

You can all have some rep, even Dead ;) (should have gone into my pictures mate! ;))

Fear

Prolific Poster
I just spent a good 2 minutes scanning Cor's desktop trying to find anything incriminating :)

I was disappointed :( (apart from the fact you have Norton ofc...but that's just a given)

What about IMG_1726 i bet thats incriminating ;) anyway i just think Corfate wanted to show off his wallpaper :p

Corfate

Author Level
hahah, glad its getting sorted. lol you could atleast organise ya desktop,

Don't cyberbully me ;)

Haha, that picture is a screenshot on my phone, telling me how to get to Nestle in York. Yes, im that fat :(

That desktop is hilarious! :D

JakAttack

Resident Metalhead
Staff member
Sorry I didn't get in touch from the message Corfate, I'm having a week off work and my best friend (Mr Magners) prevented me from doing anything useful.

Did sound like a dodgy card but don't think it's from the bent caps, they happen quite often, glad you got it sorted with Mustafa, hopefully the new card will have you annoying the neighbours i no time.