Plan to order next week. Can it be improved for my budget £1200ish

Chriso

Gold Level Poster
Well here it is

Case CORSAIR CARBIDE SERIES™ 300R COMPACT GAMING CASE Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-3820 (3.6GHz) 10MB Cache Motherboard ASUS® P9X79: INTEL® SOCKET LG2011 Memory (RAM) 8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (2 x 4GB KIT) Graphics Card 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 680 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready Memory - 1 st Hard Disk 1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1002FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm) 1 st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM Power Supply CORSAIR 650W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX650 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE (£69) Processor Cooling Super Quiet 22dBA Triple Copper Heatpipe Intel CPU Cooler (£19) Thermal Paste STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING Sound Card ONBOARD 8 CHANNEL (7.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD) Network Facilities 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs USB Options 6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD Operating System Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit w/SP1 - inc DVD & Licence (£79) Office Software NO OFFICE SOFTWARE Anti-Virus NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE DVI-D & HDMI Monitor Cables 1 x 2 METRE GOLD PLATED V1.4 HDMI CABLE (£8) Warranty 3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5) Delivery STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI) Build Time Standard Build - Approximately 8 to 10 working days Quantity 1

Price: £1,261.00 including VAT and delivery.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
The i7-3770 should perform better than the i7-3820 for CPU intensive applications, are you planning to SLI? Is it just for gaming?

Chriso

Gold Level Poster
Yes, mostly computer games mainly MMO's like World of Warcraft, lineage 2 etc. I saw the 3770 Intel processors but aren't the motherboards micro ones?

Chriso

Gold Level Poster
Would this perform better Keynes?

Case CORSAIR CARBIDE SERIES™ 300R COMPACT GAMING CASE Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-3770K (3.5GHz) 8MB Cache Motherboard ASUS® P8Z77-V LX: USB 3.0, SATA 6GBs, ATI®CrossFireX Memory (RAM) 8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (2 x 4GB KIT) Graphics Card 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 680 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready Memory - 1 st Hard Disk 1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1002FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm) 1 st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM Power Supply CORSAIR 650W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX650 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE (£69) Processor Cooling Super Quiet 22dBA Triple Copper Heatpipe Intel CPU Cooler (£19) Sound Card ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD) Network Facilities 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs USB Options 6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD Operating System Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit w/SP1 - inc DVD & Licence (£79) Office Software FREE 60 Day Trial of Microsoft® Office® 2010 Professional Edition Anti-Virus NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE Warranty 3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5) Delivery STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI) Build Time Standard Build - Approximately 8 to 10 working days Quantity 1

Price: £1,167.00 including VAT and delivery.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
If you are not planning to overclock your CPU you could get the i7-3770 instead. If it is just for gaming I would consider the i5-3570 and the P8Z77-V with a 750w PSU to have the possibility to add a 2nd gpu in the future. The gtx 670 offers close performance to the gtx 680 and it is cheaper.

Chriso

Gold Level Poster
Better?

Case CORSAIR CARBIDE SERIES™ 300R COMPACT GAMING CASE Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-3770 (3.4GHz) 8MB Cache Motherboard ASUS® P8Z77-V: PCI-E 3.0 READY, WIFI, SLI, CROSSFIREX Memory (RAM) 8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (2 x 4GB KIT) Graphics Card 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 670 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready Memory - 1 st Hard Disk 1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1002FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm) 1 st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM Power Supply CORSAIR 750W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX750 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE (£86) Processor Cooling Super Quiet 22dBA Triple Copper Heatpipe Intel CPU Cooler (£19) Sound Card ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD) Network Facilities 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs USB Options 6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD Operating System Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit w/SP1 - inc DVD & Licence (£79) Office Software FREE 60 Day Trial of Microsoft® Office® 2010 Professional Edition Anti-Virus NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE Warranty 3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5) Delivery STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI) Build Time Standard Build - Approximately 8 to 10 working days Quantity 1

Price: £1,082.00 including VAT and delivery.

Chriso

Gold Level Poster
Thank you for the help Keynes, I do have a couple more questions though concerning this build.

1: Should I go for windows 7 or 8? I have looked at a few reviews on windows 8 but seems like alot of hassle but alot less power sufficent compared to windows 7 but windows 7 seems alot easier to use then windows 8 looks like alot of clicking just to get to the the basic destinations that were made easy in windows 7?

2: I mainly have a concern with the motherboard I have looked at a couple of reviews and to be honoest I don't know if this board is a mini or a full sized one which I would prefer to a mini personally.

3: Cooling fan I have chosen seems pretty low budget compared to other options. My pc is usually left on aorund 12 hours a day. Will this cooler be sufficent enough to handle those temperatures?

I looked at some reviews on youtube and amazon about the processor, PSU and graphics card and they seems to very power sufficent and reliable. Noise is a big issue for me I would very much prefer quiet pc to a loud one but then again there will be temperature issues?

Wolvo7

Bright Spark
1) It's really up to you I'm not too familiar with W8 but you could maybe DL the enterprise evaluation version on your current PC and see if you like it.

2) It's a full size board no worries

3) The cooler should be enough if you're especially worried you could go for the H40 but I don't think I've seen anyone complain about this cooler on this forum.

4) The loudest component will be the GPU when gaming and there's not much to do to dampen the noise except custom water cooling loops etc. You could get a quiet case but that would restrict airflow a bit. Regarding the CPU cooler getting a water cooler may be less noisy.

If you want to keep temps down you could get the extra fans options which would include the 2 side fans which are not included in your case.

Chriso

Gold Level Poster
I was watching a PC speciliast unboxing on youtube and the gtx 670 palit graphics card was really loud even with alot of cooling within the tower.. are there any alternatives like evga etc or will they all be the same?. btw was idle and not doing anything demanding.

and yup haven't ordered yet company screwed up paying me lol :( was gutted day i planned on ordering lol.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I was watching a PC speciliast unboxing on youtube and the gtx 670 palit graphics card was really loud even with alot of cooling within the tower.. are there any alternatives or will they all be the same?. btw was idle and not doing anything demanding.

You got a link? I got a palit gtx and at when not gaming the noise is not noticeable, the tower however (chassis fan) could be the noise you are hearing.

Chriso

Gold Level Poster
I looked up the super quiet cpu cooler but nothing comes up since there is no company name with it? so I cannot check for reviews? I have changed the motherboard I plan to get to the saber one.