Optimus V - Sound Blaster Cinema won't detect speakers.

adamantium42

From reading other people's posts, I get the impression that they have this sound blaster cinema software up and running. I cannot get it to work on my laptop however - with neither the laptop speakers or headphones that I plug in.

How did others manage it? It just says no supported hardware found and that's that.

Thanks.

adamantium42

Just got it working now and wow it's a massive improvement over the normal software. Can't believe it really.. like theyre totally different speakers.

gartuc

I can confirm that downloading the SoundBlasterCinema software for Windows 8 (can only see Win8 on list) made a *very slight* improvement, but amazed is definitely not the word I'd choose - 'slightly less disappointed than before' is as far as I can go!

1. Go to http://www.clevo.com.tw/en/e-services/download.asp
2. Choose W35xST and 'All'
3. Download the audio driver and the soundblaster live driver. Save and unzip them.
4. Un-install the existing audio driver (SoundBlaster won't detect it)
5. Install the SoundBlasterCinema driver first
6. Install the audio driver second

SoundBlaster appears as an icon near the clock in the system tray - right-click to open it and fiddle with the settings. You might be lucky enough to be detect changes in the audio quality.

Hope that helps!

Cyberoptics

I can confirm that downloading the SoundBlasterCinema software for Windows 8 (can only see Win8 on list) made a *very slight* improvement, but amazed is definitely not the word I'd choose - 'slightly less disappointed than before' is as far as I can go!

1. Go to http://www.clevo.com.tw/en/e-services/download.asp
2. Choose W35xST and 'All'
3. Download the audio driver and the soundblaster live driver. Save and unzip them.
4. Un-install the existing audio driver (SoundBlaster won't detect it)
5. Install the SoundBlasterCinema driver first
6. Install the audio driver second

SoundBlaster appears as an icon near the clock in the system tray - right-click to open it and fiddle with the settings. You might be lucky enough to be detect changes in the audio quality.

Hope that helps!

Okay I'd like to do the same, but I'm having a vortex IV. What model do I select to download the driver?
edit: Never mind my above question, just found the driver on the disc they provided with the laptop.

Last edited:

cjs

Just to add to the above,

New Optimus V (01-05-14) Win 8.1 pre-installed - yup speaker sure sounded meak, mild and tinny on Win default settings... Control Panel > Sound > Speakers > Enhancements can tweak it abit but not much. Pretty crap I thought... then...

I installed 'Sound Blaster Cinema' from the Notebook drivers CD that came with the Laptop.... No need to uninstall and re-install audio driver as mentioned above....

Absolutely agree with 'adamantium42' - its a massive difference in quality... as good if not better better than the 6 or so laptops that preceeded the Optimus which included a so called expensive multi media machine with surround sound etc...

I'm happy.....

YMMV...

Chris.