PC having problems.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I've been following this thread with some interest, I really think that your only sensible course of action now is to do a clean re-install of Windows and the PCS drivers as I suggested in a previous post (#7). I think your system is in an unknown state now and any further attempts to clean or fix it are likely to be fruitless.

The Stop code you reported is the same one as was in your first post. 101 (0x65) is rare, it's a Memory_Initialization_Failed error, so perhaps it might be worth checking your RAM just in case that's the problem? Download Memtest, extract the ISO file from the archive, burn the ISO to a CD and then boot from that CD. Memtest will start running. Let it run overnight (you want as many iterations of the test as you can get) and if there are any errors reported in the morning test each RAM card separately.

BTW. Registry cleaners are little more than snake-oil, I can't remember ever seeing a problem that was caused by old or redundant registry entries, but I've seen many caused by cleaning the wrong things. I never run them.

Halfabrain

I've been following this thread with some interest, I really think that your only sensible course of action now is to do a clean re-install of Windows and the PCS drivers as I suggested in a previous post (#7). I think your system is in an unknown state now and any further attempts to clean or fix it are likely to be fruitless.

The Stop code you reported is the same one as was in your first post. 101 (0x65) is rare, it's a Memory_Initialization_Failed error, so perhaps it might be worth checking your RAM just in case that's the problem? Download Memtest, extract the ISO file from the archive, burn the ISO to a CD and then boot from that CD. Memtest will start running. Let it run overnight (you want as many iterations of the test as you can get) and if there are any errors reported in the morning test each RAM card separately.

BTW. Registry cleaners are little more than snake-oil, I can't remember ever seeing a problem that was caused by old or redundant registry entries, but I've seen many caused by cleaning the wrong things. I never run them.

I will do this later tonight hopefully then I guess if I dont have another HDD with me to backup I'll just have to selectively move files to my USB?

I'm currently at university halls so I think all I have brought with me is the Windows 7 install disc I cant recall the PCS drivers, will I be at risk in completely ruining my computer if I'm unable to find them? Okay thanks I will do this so would I run memtest after I have completely reinstalled my Windows?

Okay thankyou for telling me I thought it was best course of action because I wouldn't of been certain what I would have deleted and was just one last hopeful stab in the dark but seems like it didn't do much help either.

Thankyou for your help once again!

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I will do this later tonight hopefully then I guess if I dont have another HDD with me to backup I'll just have to selectively move files to my USB?

I'm currently at university halls so I think all I have brought with me is the Windows 7 install disc I cant recall the PCS drivers, will I be at risk in completely ruining my computer if I'm unable to find them? Okay thanks I will do this so would I run memtest after I have completely reinstalled my Windows?

Okay thankyou for telling me I thought it was best course of action because I wouldn't of been certain what I would have deleted and was just one last hopeful stab in the dark but seems like it didn't do much help either.

Thankyou for your help once again!

You'll need the PCS drivers disk as well, I wouldn't re-install Windows without them because most of your hardware won't function properly until the right drivers are installed.

You can run Memtest now, before you re-install Windows. Memtest does not use or require a Windows system.

All your user data is stored under the folder C:\Users\your-name\ so copy everything from there to an external hard disk. You will also need to save the installation files for all the third-party software you have so that you can re-install them after you have re-installed Windows.

Halfabrain

You'll need the PCS drivers disk as well, I wouldn't re-install Windows without them because most of your hardware won't function properly until the right drivers are installed.

You can run Memtest now, before you re-install Windows. Memtest does not use or require a Windows system.

All your user data is stored under the folder C:\Users\your-name\ so copy everything from there to an external hard disk. You will also need to save the installation files for all the third-party software you have so that you can re-install them after you have re-installed Windows.

Hmm... If I am unable to find this drivers disc is there nothing I can do?

EDIT: Sorry to be a pain just I kept the Windows 7 disc and welcome booklet but cannot remember if I've misplaced the disc or if I received one :( arghhhhh. (over a year ago I got this computer)

Gazza

Bronze Level Poster
Hey,

this is what I've screenshotted:

http://gyazo.com/35dcc5f9adda61a27a5153c1ce8d8ffd

Does that give any information? Thanks.

That image indicates the problems should be solved by simply running the Windows repair. They are all Windows files which are either corrupt or missing some element.
Boot onto the Windows installation disk and when you get to the screen, click on Repair your Computer :-
windows-7-repair.jpg

Good luck :yes:

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Hmm... If I am unable to find this drivers disc is there nothing I can do?

EDIT: Sorry to be a pain just I kept the Windows 7 disc and welcome booklet but cannot remember if I've misplaced the disc or if I received one :( arghhhhh. (over a year ago I got this computer)

Without the drivers disk you cannot reinstall Windows and shouldn't try. I think if you logon to your account with PCS and click the download icon in the Tech Support menu on the left you can download the original drivers for your build. Failing that a call to PCS should get you the drivers you need.

Gazza's suggestion to try the repair option is certainly worth a try. :)

Halfabrain

Hey guys its me again.

So I repaired windows and for a day I thought it had fixed it but again it froze then after reboot it froze again and blue screened, from the dump files i managed to find that this program appeared to make the BSOD happen.

ntoskrnl.exe+cca3a - I tried to read around about it but not seen any clear fix yet I saw some people saying RAM might be the problem so I'm currently running memtest although I'm not sure how it gives me my results or what the results even mean but hopefully I'll be able to get them and pass them onto you.

If repairing windows didn't work it must be something other than the OS? Unless I do try a complete fresh windows reinstall I just need to make sure I get my drivers but atm I'm not even certain thats going to fix it.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Hey guys its me again.

So I repaired windows and for a day I thought it had fixed it but again it froze then after reboot it froze again and blue screened, from the dump files i managed to find that this program appeared to make the BSOD happen.

ntoskrnl.exe+cca3a - I tried to read around about it but not seen any clear fix yet I saw some people saying RAM might be the problem so I'm currently running memtest although I'm not sure how it gives me my results or what the results even mean but hopefully I'll be able to get them and pass them onto you.

If repairing windows didn't work it must be something other than the OS? Unless I do try a complete fresh windows reinstall I just need to make sure I get my drivers but atm I'm not even certain thats going to fix it.

Leave Memtest running at least overnight, you want as many iterations of the various tests as you can get. Look in the column marked Errors (it's near the right) and is it's not zero for any of the tests you need to remove RAM cards and run Memtest on them individually to find the problem one.

PCS will have your drivers, they should be downloadable from the website. Logon to your user account and click Download in the Tech Support section of the menu on the left. Alternatively give PCS a call and get them to send you the drivers for your build.

When you do reinstall Windows, install only the PCS supplied drivers and run with it like that for a week or so. Do not install any driver updates from Windows Update (or anywhere else) at this time. You should install all other Windows updates and you should install only the minimum number of user programs that you need. If you get the BSOD after that then it's almost certainly a hardware issue.

My feeling is that this is a software (probably driver) issue and a clean reinstall will sort it. Always assuming Memtest finds no errors of course.....

:)

Halfabrain

Right, outside shot but are you running ASUS AI Suite? And what AV are you using?

Nope I don't think I'm running that and Microsoft Security Essentials.

Leave Memtest running at least overnight, you want as many iterations of the various tests as you can get. Look in the column marked Errors (it's near the right) and is it's not zero for any of the tests you need to remove RAM cards and run Memtest on them individually to find the problem one.

PCS will have your drivers, they should be downloadable from the website. Logon to your user account and click Download in the Tech Support section of the menu on the left. Alternatively give PCS a call and get them to send you the drivers for your build.

When you do reinstall Windows, install only the PCS supplied drivers and run with it like that for a week or so. Do not install any driver updates from Windows Update (or anywhere else) at this time. You should install all other Windows updates and you should install only the minimum number of user programs that you need. If you get the BSOD after that then it's almost certainly a hardware issue.

My feeling is that this is a software (probably driver) issue and a clean reinstall will sort it. Always assuming Memtest finds no errors of course.....

:)

I did about 11 passes and the errors were zero so that should be a good sign I guess? I just logged into PCS there only seems to be one driver able to be downloaded which is for my DVD driver I'm guessing thats not enough, I have found my driver CD's but theyre at home so I'll probably have to wait until I can get hold of them :(

So I guess I'll report back whenever I can get these drivers and hopefully it'll be sorted.

Thanks everyone!!

Boozad

Prolific Poster
Nope I don't think I'm running that and Microsoft Security Essentials.

That's that ruled out then. My next suggestion would be to post your problem here and list all of the things we've tried so far in as much detail as possible. Read this first to make the posting as efficient as possible. If those guys can't help you then a reinstall will be the only way to go I reckon.