Geforce Experience Update - Shadowplay

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
Wasn't sure if this was common news or not but it seems GeForce Experience has updated and introduced Shadowplay Beta which allows discreet in-game recording with barely any impact on FPS performance. I believe this is only for 600 and 700 series cards but looks pretty decent to be honest! Full details of update are here: http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-geforce-331-65-whql-drivers-released

I'd never bothered with gameplay recording before now but if this takes off nicely I'll definitely give it a try. What do you think?

tom_gr7

Life Serving
lol i was just about to post this... looks like you beat to it.

but yeah its good, I've just recorded a game on bf3. Works really well, didn't impact performance at all. The recordings seem pretty good too, interesting watching recordings of myself playing though... :)

sted

Rising Star
I saw it about an half an hour ago when I updated, myself. Been using MSI Afterburner for things like that and screenshots for a bit, it's okay, but if Shadowplay is more smooth, I'll start using it, I think.

Androcles

Rising Star
Hmn, might consider getting an nvidia card next time i upgrade if this is any good.

Quick question to anyone who might know ...

I use Fraps to record gameplay with sound including my voice and the voice of others over teamspeak at the same time, a lot of screen recorders don't support doing all this at once, any idea if the shadowplay thing does?

bigben

Master Poster
Sounds pretty interesting, may have to give it a go. Upload videos of myself tearing it up on Football Manager and Plants Vs Zombies :)

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
I use Fraps to record gameplay with sound including my voice and the voice of others over teamspeak at the same time, a lot of screen recorders don't support doing all this at once, any idea if the shadowplay thing does?

Somebody asked about this on their Facebook post and I think they said as it's in Beta it can only do game audio now but they're well aware of the need for voice record, etc so will be implementing it as soon as possible.

Just tried to record myself playing some Batman, wasn't really sure how to work it, assumed it was on, played for 10 minutes, died, tried to pause the recording and realised it hadn't been on at all. Oh well. It's a good job it wasn't anything too serious like a wedding video... Just some epic footage of me dying... :(

tom_gr7

Life Serving
@grimzey, I set it to manual mode, then press alt+f9 for it to record. Should see a green light in the corner when recording.

baron75mk2

Banned
Just installed it , i like it , even the low quality setting is better than most things i have tried & the file sizes are quite acceptable to boot.

Also a fun feature in this geforce experience update its the LED visualizer feature in "My Rig" section , do all sorts of stuff with this if you have LEDs on the side of your card.

The audio flashing option is quite funny , especially if you set it up for SLI , funny as hell seeing you GPUs dancing to any audio that is playing , also works for audio in game as well.

Its a nice little party piece i suppose - all good fun i think & a nice update on the whole.

Thumbs up to Nvidia for this one - a good reason to have experience installed , if your like me & you want to customize your own settings , just turn off auto customization :)

steaky360

I have to kinda agree and disagree, I think its an excellent idea, but unfortunately, I'm being picky and saying I don't particularly like the outcome of the shadowplay feature. It's too low quality in my oppinion. I appreciate however that it is in Beta at the moment and hopefully when it comes out of Beta there will be more options and potentially even the chance to record and save the native uncompressed files. Which would be great (along with better audio support etc.). Not that I record anything but I did want to start trying to do wee things here and there.

Still +1 for trying, hopefully it will be better when it is out of Beta.

Keedar

Expert
Recorded some quick gameplay with ShadowPlay.

[video=youtube;zbmD-YxSKdM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbmD-YxSKdM&feature=youtu.be[/video]

steaky360

Your gameplay looks a lot smoother than mine did when I had a wee bash yesterday. I might try some more but I wasn't overly impressed initially.

sted

Rising Star
It seems to be working okay for me, but on a couple of videos so far in, it just goes weird for about 10-15 seconds at one part of both. The image and sound breaks off for a couple of moments, then starts again for a short time, then again it stops, but the videos duration still goes down. Then after that the rest of the videos play well enough.

baron75mk2

Banned
mine stopped working completely , had some driver issues & had to reinstall the latest driver & shadowplay , after this when i tried to enable it it just flashed the screen black , as it does when you turn it on for the first time , but this time just didnt activate & now i cant even push the switch icon at all , totally dead :(

Shame as i liked it very much , but cant be bothered to uninstall my driver again,
think ill give it another go when its out of beta i suppose :eek:

Boozad

Prolific Poster
Caught some game play of Far Cty 3 last night and looks brilliant. I'll get it uploaded later even though I was playing like a spanner.

kruppsy

Master
Your gameplay looks a lot smoother than mine did when I had a wee bash yesterday. I might try some more but I wasn't overly impressed initially.

Not smooth for me either, stuttering galore and lots of random pixelisations. Shame, caus its dead easy to use.

Boozad

Prolific Poster
Here's my Far Cry 3 gameplay.

[video=youtube;ksLY3u5UIzQ]http://youtu.be/ksLY3u5UIzQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Bsrz

Rising Star
I already recorded and posted gameplay on here so I wont re post it but I can say that it is smooth 60fps and full hd 1080p looks just as good if not better than any screen recording software I have ever used.