Benchmark Results Leaderboard

Gibbs

Gold Level Poster
Updated the leaderboards

driedeker and Naio, please use the new version of 3DMark to get your scores. We don't count 3DMark11 any more. Download link is on the first post of this thread. thx.

Rustilol

Bronze Level Poster
I got 7775 - http://www.3dmark.com/fs/909536

Case - FRACTAL DEFINE R4 BLACK PEARL QUIET MID-TOWER CASE
Overclocked CPU - Intel® Core™i7-4770k Quad Core 3.5GHz
Motherboard - ASUS® Z87-A: ATX, USB2.0, USB3.0, SATA6GB/S, SLi, XFIRE
Memory (RAM) -16GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (2 x 8GB KIT)
Graphics Card - 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 770 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
1st Hard Disk - 120GB KINGSTON V300 SSD, SATA 6 Gb (450MB/R, 450MB/W)
2nd Hard Disk - 2TB 3.5" SATA-III 6GB/s HDD 7200RPM 64MB CACHE
Power Supply - CORSAIR 750W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX650 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE
Processor Cooling - Corsair H80i Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler

Last edited:

halox

Enthusiast
Got this with a decent overclock on the CPU and GPU's: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/1249675

I am in the market for another GTX690. I was considering a GTX 780 but the GTX 690 is getting better scores. The titan is overrated and over priced. The only other thing would be to move to AMD Radeon HD 7990 card if more performance is required. Although I have done my time with an ATI HD5970 and the drivers were a huge problem for me, so nVidia it will have to stay.

Rustilol

Bronze Level Poster
The desktop results should be split between single GPU and multi GPU systems! 8/10 top results are multi gpu. It will encourage more people to take part and be more of a comparison vs similar systems

keynes

Multiverse Poster
The desktop results should be split between single GPU and multi GPU systems! 8/10 top results are multi gpu. It will encourage more people to take part and be more of a comparison vs similar systems

You can also split it between does that overclock or not :) I don't think you need to split it, it is just how benchmarks work but that's just my opinion,

halox

Enthusiast
Thats a good idea. Although where do you stop. I just noticed I am on the leaderboard in two slots just now for two different PC setups. I have pushed it as far as I can on this rig overclocking and watercooled. My power supply is stopping me going any higher. Thats why I have ordered an OCZ ZX Series 1250W power supply. Should be in by week end. Then time to push even harder.

Just had a thought though. There will be multiple rigs out there the same. Therefore the scores will be the same give or take a few points. Mmmmmm, maybe not.

halox

Enthusiast
I have never taken a benchmark on 3D mark with my current rig. This is the result with only my CPU overclocked to 4.2GHz. I have still got to overclock my GPU's but my power supply wont let me yet. Thats one of the reasons for a new one this week. I think going by the last overclock I had I should be able to add just over 1000 points to this result of 14609. Time will tell. In this test the water never went above 39°C and the power at the socket peaked about 900W.

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/1603156?

A wee photo:

Last edited:

Rustilol

Bronze Level Poster
Wow... that is a beast! Cant wait to see your results once you get the new psu

The whole reason why the laptop and desktop results are split is because they are in different... leagues, if you will. No laptop result would be in top 10 unless they have separate table.

Its the same for single GPU desktops - unless you have the best card on the market, you wont get in the top 10!

I kinda see it similar to boxing or racing, you don't usually put a heavy weight vs feather weight or see a rally car racing along side f1 cars! Its no competition!

Imo, 3 different tables, possible 4 when dual-gpu laptop results start getting submitted.

Single GPU Desktops, multi GPU desktop, laptops.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
The whole reason why the laptop and desktop results are split is because they are in different... leagues, if you will. No laptop result would be in top 10 unless they have separate table.
There are some laptops with a socket 2011 PSU and dual GPUs .
I kinda see it similar to boxing or racing, you don't usually put a heavy weight vs feather weight or see a rally car racing along side f1 cars! Its no competition!
It is different, it is not a competition. You are just testing your hardware.

dogbot

Bright Spark
Thats a good idea. Although where do you stop. I just noticed I am on the leaderboard in two slots just now for two different PC setups. I have pushed it as far as I can on this rig overclocking and watercooled. My power supply is stopping me going any higher. Thats why I have ordered an OCZ ZX Series 1250W power supply. Should be in by week end. Then time to push even harder.

Perhaps we should have another competition - Who has the biggest electricity bill :)

Rustilol

Bronze Level Poster
There are some laptops with a socket 2011 PSU and dual GPUs .

It is different, it is not a competition. You are just testing your hardware.

Indeed there are some laptops with dual gpus but they would not make the top 10 vs desktops.

Yes, testing hardware, then comparing a given score to others. Some people compete to get a higher score than other similar systems or those on the top 10.
That sounds like a competition, albeit just for fun with no prize :p

Edit: Even the thread is tagged with "competition" :p

Last edited:

halox

Enthusiast
I got my new power supply today. Thats me overclocked the CPU and GPU's not quite as far as I want yet but its a start. I know I can break the 16000 score. Here is a start 15910. Wooo hooo! :punk:

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/1614631?

Here are the clocks and temperatures and the new photo with the new PSU, if you like good quality PC ****.