Triple cooper heatpipe CPU cooler modding.

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
Changing a fan is relatively straight forward. You should not need to remove the cooler. You need to ensure the new fans are "PWM" fans - as these are controlled by the motherboard to regulate fan speed. If they are not PWM fans they will simply spin at full speed and be very noisy.

D1craig

Enthusiast
thanx for the quick reply mate :)

they are not pwm :( . would a 120mm fan fit? the fan on the thing looks petty small.

EDIT - think i might try my now useless side fans (corsair ones whit the coloured rings). my new gpu plugs are directly on the side fans so they get in the way :(

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
thanx for the quick reply mate :)

i think they are pwm. would a 120mm fan fit? the fan on the thing looks petty small.

They aren't pwm, they only have full capacity at 1400 rpm and lower voltage at 1100 rpm so will be quite noisy just to warn you.

D1craig

Enthusiast
So it looks like the fan in the cooler is 95mm. Would a 120mm fan fit with the same fittings that are on the cooler now? I ask as I dont have anything in my box that would allow me to change them.

sanj

So it looks like the fan in the cooler is 95mm. Would a 120mm fan fit with the same fittings that are on the cooler now? I ask as I dont have anything in my box that would allow me to change them.

I'm sorry to say that you will not be able to fit the 120mm fan as the clip's holding the 95mm one are designed for the 95mm fan only.