HAF-X Landing next week.

Maestro

By popular demand, and the fact that more stock is landing in the UK next week, we will be adding the Flagship Coolermaster HAF-X Case. Have a look and tell us what you think.

HAF%20X-590x442-10.jpg

LDUK

Master Poster
Oh s*!t That, looks awesome! Beautiful! I would have got this if not the HAF 32. Damn man! Specs please! I can see that has 2 USB 3.0s on the front!

PaulH

Bright Spark
No boards have a USB3.0 header on them yet though :) - not sure on pricing as of yet, gotta see what we can get them in for :)

GazzaScotland

Bronze Level Poster
No boards have a USB3.0 header on them yet though :) - not sure on pricing as of yet, gotta see what we can get them in for :)

Yeah, don't you have to route the cable onto the back ports to get use of them? But lose the ports at the back.

enhorning

Sweet! Every review I've read has been praising the case... great to see that you're going to offer it!

Yup, the front USB-3 ports have to run a cable to the rear ones which means you lose them... still, much more convenient to reach the front ones than having to crawl under my desk to get to the rear of the computer.

Al.Neri

Super Star
I think I'm going to need to build another room to hold this case, I've been reading some reviews and it is a whopper. joking aside, I've had the ol' tape measure out and I think I could comfortably squeeze it into the corner of my bedroom after rearranging everything, but there's no escaping the size.

this is the sort of case that indiana jones could have climbed inside to save himself from an atomic bomb blast!

LDUK

Master Poster
Sweet! Every review I've read has been praising the case... great to see that you're going to offer it!

Yup, the front USB-3 ports have to run a cable to the rear ones which means you lose them... still, much more convenient to reach the front ones than having to crawl under my desk to get to the rear of the computer.

Dude, under the desk? Silly silly sausage. Why do people put it there?

Al.Neri

Super Star
Dude, under the desk? Silly silly sausage. Why do people put it there?

not a lot of people have desks (or room to put desks) with enough depth, or strength to hold a big weighty case + extra space at the back for wiring. I've been looking for a suitable desk for when I get mine, and I can't find one that ticks all the boxes for me.

LDUK

Master Poster
not a lot of people have desks (or room to put desks) with enough depth, or strength to hold a big weighty case + extra space at the back for wiring. I've been looking for a suitable desk for when I get mine, and I can't find one that ticks all the boxes for me.

Oh that sucks :(
Well, My desk was £85 from ebay and is very strong. And it was delivered the next day. Maybe you would like to check it out? You don't have to, I'm just throwing it out there. My Desk My room is rather small and it fits fine.

Al.Neri

Super Star
Oh that sucks :(
Well, My desk was £85 from ebay and is very strong. And it was delivered the next day. Maybe you would like to check it out? You don't have to, I'm just throwing it out there. My Desk My room is rather small and it fits fine.

I'd be tempted with that but I am after a flat top desk with possibly a set of drawers down the right hand side. my intention was to have the tower on the top of the desk to the right of the monitor.

what are the dimensions for that desk? will the HAF-X case fit in the tower compartment and have enough space to "breathe" so to speak?

this is something along the lines of what I was after:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/6191140/Trail/searchtext>DESK.htm

or maybe this:

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/30069917

I would have bought that had it been a natural stained wood colour and the drawer was on the right instead of the left

LDUK

Master Poster
I'd be tempted with that but I am after a flat top desk with possibly a set of drawers down the right hand side. my intention was to have the tower on the top of the desk to the right of the monitor.

what are the dimensions for that desk? will the HAF-X case fit in the tower compartment and have enough space to "breathe" so to speak?

this is something along the lines of what I was after:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/6191140/Trail/searchtext>DESK.htm

or maybe this:

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/30069917

I would have bought that had it been a natural stained wood colour and the drawer was on the right instead of the left

The one I showed you is a flat top desk. I just didn't add the extra "printer stand". No, the "Tower compartmant" will be way way too small for the Haf-X, but the whole reason I told you to get this one was so you can put it ontop of the desk.

Here's a photo of mine. Ignore the PC that's my old one lol.

35324_10150218861750694_750430693_13752256_3424107_n.jpg

HMFC_Riley

Enthusiast
Will be giving this a measure tonight to see if I can accomodate it on top of my desk. Don't want it sitting on the floor where my current PC is. Hopefully it fits and I can get it and indeed, the rest of my PC, ordered on the 1st of September just in time for FFXIV.

Meds

Hehe, I wish I had the space you guys have! I moved out last year and now I have to use a tiny little desk unit the crammed into the corner of my living room at the bottom of the stairs, I'm just hoping on a lottery win in my favour now!

HMFC_Riley

Enthusiast
Measured the space on the top area of the desk and it'd looks like it'll fit with about 3 or 4cm's hanging off the side of the desk. Girlfriend ain't too impressed but I think it'll look smart ;)