Alternative to Mailstore??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rachelle

I use Mailstore to backup my Outlook emails. It is good to archive the emails but the retrieval from backup seems difficult. Is there any better Outlook Backup tool for my Toshiba?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I use Mailstore to backup my Outlook emails. It is good to archive the emails but the retrieval from backup seems difficult. Is there any better Outlook Backup tool for my Toshiba?

Why are you archiving emails? That’s no longer necessary unless you have a really meagre account?

Tony1044

Prolific Poster
Well...some companies (as in corporate emails) only allow 200-300MB mailboxes even now.

Outlook isn't great at this as your only option with built in tools is to create a .PST file but these are clunky and only supported up to (I recall) 2GB.

Who is your mail provider? Outlook.com allows other domains (have't dug into whether you need to own the domain but I don't believe you had to before) and a 15GB mailbox.

https://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/outlookcompersonaladdress.htm

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
When you say Outlook emails, what emails are we talking about? If it's MS Exchange type email accounts your options are relatively limited. If you mean your gmail account that you access via outlook, you have a lot of options.

Or do you mean emails only stored locally on the PC?

In such a case you could still set up a gmail account and copy those emails to that (if you have a decent internet connection...)

Your work may not like this if these are work emails, so it really depends on the context.

Rachelle

probably in the right hands

Thanks everyone for attending my query.

We did manage with Mail Store for a couple more months. We have recently bought a new software named Mail Backup X.
Thanks Tony for understanding my point to that extent. We are allotted a maximum of 1 GB space to manage our emails which fills up in a few months. archiving them and removing them from the Exchange helps us in better ways.
Mail Backup X comes with a much easier backup and restore process compared to the one we had been trying all this time..
in case you don't find the link for the Windows version, here it is: http://www.mailbackupx.com/download.html
from my personal experience, I recommend this to the ones who are badly worried for their emails.

Status
Not open for further replies.