Gaming PC Help!!

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
How do you mean jumpy? The game stutters a bit and gameplay is choppy, before improving again a few moments later? i.e. you don't need to restart the game or the PC to fix it?

What games does this happen in?

Why do you suspect the keyboard?

Stutter, where it's not down to a game settings issue (e.g. framerate drops because of certain areas that are disproportionately affected by certain game settings like godrays, shadows, reflections, etc), could be down to something else spiking hardware usage. e.g. using the drive the game is installed on, like an AV scan or a Windows update. There are a lot of possibilities but those are the ones one's I'd check.

Are you monitoring the framerate? And are you monitoring hardware temperatures? e.g. with something like MSI afterburner?

And are you using freesync / gsync compatible mode?

big285bird

No restart for the game or PC needed and luckily it doesn’t really seem to last too long, before returning to normal.

The reason I thought of the keyboard was that it is when I am using the W key that the issue seems to occur and whatever game I am playing I am struggling to move for a while.

I haven’t been monitoring anything like monitoring frame rates or hardware temperatures.

I haven’t yet set up free sync as i haven’t had time to do so yet. Could this be an issue?

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
I haven’t yet set up free sync as i haven’t had time to do so yet. Could this be an issue?
I don't think so. If you had set it up and it wasn't playing nice, then it could have been an issue.

1) I'd suggest using something like MSI Afterburner with its on-screen display to monitor temps, and also hard disk usage. It lets you display a lot of info, and can provide a graph showing your frame times i.e how many milliseconds between frames, as well as the frame rate.

This is a bit of a guess, but pressing the W key means you're moving forward and that the game may be loading in new things. If, say, Windows update or your antivirus is using your disk heavily at that time, you'd get the kind of stutter where everything becomes extremely choppy for a short period.

2) But you should also monitor CPU and GPU temperatures (good practice to monitor them periodically anyway).

3) Also make sure your PC is set to the high performance power plan in Windows, and that the GPU is set to prefer maximum performance in Nvidia control panel.

big285bird

I have setup freesync and set both to High performance but still seem to be having this issue.

Only reason possibly thought the keyboard is because now when I am pressing tab when playing to see the leaderboards they are just flickering and are not staying on the screen

big285bird

Also another example would be when I’m playing a game like CS:GO I struggle to ever plant the bomb as the E button doesn’t seem to work when I try. Character just pulls out the bomb begins an animation then just stops