Which Zotac/Palit 2080TIs do they use?

Jay Dee

Also interested in this, very seriously considering a 2080ti build but the brand worries me. if it's a blower type, that thing is gonna be noisy and hot. Zotac isn't getting great reviews either, seems to fail a lot.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Also interested in this, very seriously considering a 2080ti build but the brand worries me. if it's a blower type, that thing is gonna be noisy and hot. Zotac isn't getting great reviews either, seems to fail a lot.
Where are you reading zotacs are failing? Are you sure that wasn’t the first gen of cards where all cards were failing?

Jay Dee

Where are you reading zotacs are failing? Are you sure that wasn’t the first gen of cards where all cards were failing?
It could be, but a quick google search and checking user reviews of the zotac 2080ti shows many complaining of the card being unstable or failing in a short amount of time. Granted I'm not really clued-up on it and this is just a brief search, but its kinda worrying. If i could choose, i would happily pay the extra for a better branded card

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
It could be, but a quick google search and checking user reviews of the zotac 2080ti shows many complaining of the card being unstable or failing in a short amount of time. Granted I'm not really clued-up on it and this is just a brief search, but its kinda worrying. If i could choose, i would happily pay the extra for a better branded card
Have you got any links? Zotacs are one of the top GPU manufacturers and very highly regarded.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
There was an inherent design flaw in the first generation of 2080ti’s but that was the actual design that was the issue on nvidias end and affected all manufacturers including nvidia.

That was over a year ago though.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Amazon reviews
New egg reviews
And we don't even know what type it is, if its blower style (the cheapest) it's gonna be worse again
Just out of interest I took a look at those links. The total number of respondents on both sites is 62 and the number (across both sites) not giving it a 5 or 4 rating is 25. Whilst I'm not intending to comment on the card itself (because hardware isn't my forte) you're looking at a very small sample size there (62) and even then 60% were happy. Statistics can be very misleading sometimes. :)

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
As above.. I checked Amazon. It's a small sample size and a lot of the non-5*reviews aren't about failures. Ordering most recent:

We have a 1* review of someone complaining about thermals - include a not-so-humblebrag about their awesome PC case - but they then recommend people to buy a FE card?! Contrast with the reviewer above who of the same model said temps were very good.

3* review from someone who found the card was bigger than described and they had to really 'force it in' to the PC. That one's on Amazon's listing accuracy... which I wouldn't trust to tell me anything tbh.

3* review... fan rattle... well I have fan click on my EVGA card, which unlike the issues with Zotac is a known bad design issue. This person possibly just has a faulty unit. No idle fan stop... sadly very common for a lot of more budget and even some more expensive models... coil whine.. which you can get from very good brands. But they loved the cooling and performance on the AMP

And then 2 reviews that appear to be referring to the early dead RTX cards which happened across all brands.

The GTX 670 Palit card I got from my PCS system in 2012 is still working fine and currently lives in my Linux PC. Sample size of one, but I had no reason to complain,,,

PCS do offer the facility to buy without a GPU and fit your own. If there's a specific model you want - e.g. you really want it to have idle fan stop, or you love the aesthetic of a given model or whatever - you can always buy the system without the GPU and fit your own.

stegor

Bright Spark
I have to agree with the Jay Dee re blower cards - I've had one and they sound like a 747 taking off. Buy your own and fit it. Gigabyte are usually quite good and a reasonable price.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Zotac don't just do the blower cards. Worth calling PCS to ask which Palit or Zotac they are using these days and if they can guarantee it will be used in one's system.

But yeah, blower cards preferably avoided in most cases.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The zotac amp is one of the better 2080ti models ou there. I would contact them to find out which model they’re currently stocking rather than assuming they’ll only have a blower which is one of many models they do.

AlexJames

Bronze Level Poster
To be honest, if i paid £2.4k for this build and they skimped me on the card and gave me a blower 2080TI i'd be pretty pissed lol. Blower models shouldn't exist

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
You're buying an RTX 2080 ti... you get an RTX 2080 ti...

If you want to pay a £300 premium for an Asus Strix (non OC I think) model, you can. Or you can fit your own - pick up an MSI Ventus maybe for £950 if you like that sort of thing. :)

If you want to go with whatever PCS have, and you don't want a card with a blower cooler, call them and see what they are using.

I'm not sure there's much more anyone can add as these are the only options.

As for blower coolers 'should not exist' they do have their uses and can make more sense than open fan coolers. Multi GPU setups. Certain mini ITX cases. Buying a card with a basic cooler which you will then replace with a hybrid/liquid solution anyway. There are blower 2080 tis I've seen recently for £900 which is incredibly low for a 2080 ti, and great value for liquid cooling setups.

I don't fit any of those categories so I wouldn't personally buy one, but it's not quite true that they have no place in the universe.

Last edited:

AlexJames

Bronze Level Poster
I've heard that blower cards are [poor] and that they have very high temps etc.. I just want a decent card when im spending alot of money ya know? I sent them an email regardless asking about what models they use

Last edited:

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Blower coolers are often less efficient that open coolers, yes. Like I said, I wouldn't want one personally as I don't fit into the niches where they are most useful. Let us know what PCS say they are using.

if they are using a blower cooler model at the moment you can always buy and fit your own GPU of choice.

Also the forums are meant to be family friendly, so I edited your post :)

AlexJames

Bronze Level Poster
Well i got a reply,
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your email, at the moment have the Zotac brand in and the serial number on the model is: 9250-2N503-S1002

If there is anything else I can assist with, please do not hesitate to ask,

All he gave was a serial number, which i googled and it doesnt come up with anything. Not much help but oh well guess ill chance it and hope i get a dual fan model lol