Laptop started making whining noise, coming from fans?

santoshreddy

I've owned my laptop for just over a year, and it is coming into the warm areas of the year where I live. I decided to blow some air through my laptop vents to try and dislodge any dirt/dust buildups. After I turned it back on, everything was working fine but I noticed a high pitched noise, coming from around my fan. Whenever the fans rpm increases, it tends to get louder. I at first thought it was coil whine, but people have pointed out there aren't any components in a fan that should cause this. Any ideas on what might have happened?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I've owned my laptop for just over a year, and it is coming into the warm areas of the year where I live. I decided to blow some air through my laptop vents to try and dislodge any dirt/dust buildups. After I turned it back on, everything was working fine but I noticed a high pitched noise, coming from around my fan. Whenever the fans rpm increases, it tends to get louder. I at first thought it was coil whine, but people have pointed out there aren't any components in a fan that should cause this. Any ideas on what might have happened?
It will be a bit of dust obstructing it.

to clear the fans you need to be move the cover and use compressed air to clear out the fans and fins. Just blowing from the outside won’t help.