New Vortex ST-S Gaming PC - screen suddenly blank, lost signal?

smetianu

My son has had this gaming PC for around 10 days and it's been working beautifully both for gaming and watching Netflix.
Suddenly today his DELL screen has gone blank, we've tried another screen and changed the HDMI cable etc - still nothing. (Also have tried his PS4 with the screen & that works, so it seems it's definitely the PC). The on light & interanal blue lights are still on on the PC so I'm assuming it's still running, just not pushing out a signal??
My first question: Is it ok to switch off the PC by holding down the on/off switch or will this cause problems itself? If not I'm unsure how to re-start the PC
And secondly, any idea what's happening?
PC spec: Intel Core i7, RTX 2070 Super, 2 TB HDD & 256 GB SSD
Thanks Sarah

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
My son has had this gaming PC for around 10 days and it's been working beautifully both for gaming and watching Netflix.
Suddenly today his DELL screen has gone blank, we've tried another screen and changed the HDMI cable etc - still nothing. (Also have tried his PS4 with the screen & that works, so it seems it's definitely the PC). The on light & interanal blue lights are still on on the PC so I'm assuming it's still running, just not pushing out a signal??
My first question: Is it ok to switch off the PC by holding down the on/off switch or will this cause problems itself? If not I'm unsure how to re-start the PC
And secondly, any idea what's happening?
PC spec: Intel Core i7, RTX 2070 Super, 2 TB HDD & 256 GB SSD
Thanks Sarah
Is this a PCS machine? Can you post the full specs from the order page?

smetianu

Yes it's a PCS machine but purcahsed from Currys PC World earlier in April 2020, here's the spec from their website:

TypeGaming PC
Operating systemWindows 10 (64-bit)
PERFORMANCE

Processor- Intel® Core™ i7-9700 Processor
- Octa-core
- 3.0 GHz / 4.7 GHz
- 12 MB cache
RAM- 16 GB DDR4 (2400 MHz)
- 32 GB maximum installable RAM
Graphics card- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super
- 8 GB GDDR6
Storage- 2 TB (7200 rpm)
- 256 GB SSD
CONNECTIVITY

WiFi- 802.11n
- 2x2
- Up to 300 Mbps
EthernetGigabit Ethernet port
USB- USB 3.0 x 4
- USB 2.0 x 2
Video connections- HDMI x 1
- DisplayPort x 1
- DVI x 1
Audio connections3.5 mm jack
SOUND

Audio softwareRealtek ALC887 8-channel high definition audio
MEDIA

Disc driveNo
Memory card readerNo
FEATURES

Mouse / trackpadNo
KeyboardNo

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
If you press and hold the power button until it switches off and then power it back on, does it come on again?

smetianu

Yes it does, phew! That's great, thank you. Hopefully this is a one off however if it continues to happen, what do I do?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yes it does, phew! That's great, thank you. Hopefully this is a one off however if it continues to happen, what do I do?
Check the nvidia drivers are up to date.

Also check temps on both CPU and GPU with hwmonitor when both idle and under load: