Best £250-300 phone

• Thread starter Deleted member 94250
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 94250

I have used both iOS from v1 in 2007 to right up to date on my son's.

I have used Android from about v2 right up to date.

Initially, iOS won hands down. Especially when Apple added Activesync so you could read corporate email.

The problem, for me, is that they painted themselves into a corner and nowadays that single button nature of the operating system makes a lot of tasks feel very unintuitive once you've used a modern Android.

Jaigal - I bought a Note 8 when the 10's were about to be released - so about last Feb time from memory.

I paid £300 for it and it does everything I need and then some. Take a look on Amazon for the S8 and S9's - you can also usually pick up some Samsung factory refurbished ones even cheaper. Caveat - I've just said all that without actually checking prices first!
you hit the nail on the head. the one-button way of doing things is annoying.

Tony1044

Prolific Poster
if you were a samsung boi would you get it? it's perfect in terms of budget and spec, too perfect?
but then samsung hit the jackpot with their A series before, so...

I _am_ a Samsung fan in as much as I am happy to buy n-2. That is as a new model is about to be released (the 10 series) I will pick up one of the previous (in this case the Note 8).

I refuse point blank to pay over a grand for a phone.

Would I get one? No. But I need a stylus (I frequently have to sign PDFs on it).

If I didn't need a stylus I can see nothing that would stop me buying one, so in that regard, yes I would.

iTuMoRz

with all due respect no IOS. also my budget cant move up, at all. thanks for the suggestion though

edit: to be clear ios aint the problem. the UI on iphones is.

Alright, i understand.

And what about Xiaomi ? I know it's a chinese brand but well... they've pretty good phones for under 300 (Redmi / Mi 9 if i recall correctly)

D

Deleted member 94250

Alright, i understand.

And what about Xiaomi ? I know it's a chinese brand but well... they've pretty good phones for under 300 (Redmi / Mi 9 if i recall correctly)
my friend has pathetic csutomer service. im not touching them with a two meter stick, like, ever.

D

Deleted member 94250

If I may ask, do phone batteries wear out like laptop batteries?

Other than the sad UI (not a reason enough on its own to spend £250) my current iPhone is 4 years old and it loses 20% if I watch a 30 minute video. I have to keep charging it

Tony1044

Prolific Poster
If I may ask, do phone batteries wear out like laptop batteries?

Other than the sad UI (not a reason enough on its own to spend £250) my current iPhone is 4 years old and it loses 20% if I watch a 30 minute video. I have to keep charging it

Yes. All lithium based batteries will show signs of wear over time.

In your first post you said your J4 was falling apart...?

D

Deleted member 94250

Yes. All lithium based batteries will show signs of wear over time.
Alright. I’m home 24/7 (obviously) so the battery life is not a problem, yet.

The screen is wayy too small to do my homework off of so I kinda need a new one. Could you check this Specs of the Samsung m31 and share your thoughts, please?

It’s linked up here somewhere