Audio MIC Issues with 17.3" DEFIANCE V RTX Laptop

Paulo05

Bronze Level Poster
1589158822731.png

Paulo05

Bronze Level Poster
How can I do this « Once done, go back to this window and select update driver. Use the 'Browse my computer for driver software' option. Then, select the 'Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer' option. Make sure you install the High Definition Audio Device driver (which is Microsoft), not the Realtek High Definition Audio one. » without restarting the computer? The device simply disappears, how can I change the drivers when the device isn't even there?

You were right, when I reboot the computer just puts it back again, but if I follow the steps like you say, I can't do the other part...
1589159724387.png

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
How can I do this « Once done, go back to this window and select update driver. Use the 'Browse my computer for driver software' option. Then, select the 'Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer' option. Make sure you install the High Definition Audio Device driver (which is Microsoft), not the Realtek High Definition Audio one. » without restarting the computer? The device simply disappears, how can I change the drivers when the device isn't even there?
You don’t restart. Very simple.

Paulo05

Bronze Level Poster
But how can I do the 2nd part?
Well, at least I learned that the 1st part is useless xD
I just need to change the drivers.

It's just too sad that I'll need to be changing them all the time, depending on what I'm doing...

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
But how can I do the 2nd part?
Well, at least I learned that the 1st part is useless xD
I just need to change the drivers.

It's just too sad that I'll need to be changing them all the time, depending on what I'm doing...
First, you uninstall the current device, DON’T reboot, then rescan, should bring up an unknown device which will be the soundcard, then apply the Microsoft driver.

Tony1044

Prolific Poster
I must admit I was genuinely struggling to believe that plugging headphones only (with no inbuilt microphone) would also cut off the internal microphone of the laptop.

@Paulo05 - try following the advice just given by Spyder.

If that doesn't work you can try effectively going directly to step 2. Right-click on the realtek --> update driver --> browse my computer --> let me pick from a list.

The original advice is much better is it removes the Realtek driver first.

Paulo05

Bronze Level Poster
Yes, it reinstals realtek, it doesn't have another one.
The only thing it allows me to do is to use a non-realtek driver.

Paulo05

Bronze Level Poster
Hi there @kroma and @Paulo05. Sorry to hear you are having the same problem. What I did is I opened up the Device Manager within Windows 10. Simply search for that and it will show. Within that, go down to 'Sound, video and game controllers' and you will see the Realtek(R) Audio. Double-click on that and a pop-up window will appear based on that Realtek(R) Audio property. On the driver tab, uninstall the device. Once done, go back to this window and select update driver. Use the 'Browse my computer for driver software' option. Then, select the 'Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer' option. Make sure you install the High Definition Audio Device driver (which is Microsoft), not the Realtek High Definition Audio one. It will then install the basic Microsoft audio which does the trick nicely. I've never had any major issues since then. I am 99% sure on my instructions here, although I cannot remember if I had to uninstall before installing the basic driver; it is good practice to do so though. There might be some restarts required also. You'll be pleased to know, once sorted, Windows Update does not try to reinstall the Realtek drivers, as it maintains the Microsoft ones. I was unaware when I purchased this laptop that it was multi-port. They don't work well in this case, but this will fix it. Reply back and let us know how you get on. Regards, Adam.

Man, things are not working as they should.
Is it normal for the speakers stop working?
Now my mic works while I'm using the headphones, but if I plug off the headphones my computer goes mute.

Paulo05

Bronze Level Poster
It’s because you’ve got 2 drivers installed as you haven’t uninstalled the Realtek. So you’ve got a conflict and each driver is fighting for the output.
I explained already that when I unistall the device I CAN NOT install the non-realtek driver, that's just not possible to do! Check image at
Today at 2:07 AM

Also, it's impossible to use both drivers at the same time, I can only use one.
Also, yes...I uninstalled it, I proved it with an image that you can check above.

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I explained already that when I unistall the device I CAN NOT install the non-realtek driver, that's just not possible to do! Check image at
Today at 2:07 AM

Also, it's impossible to use both drivers at the same time, I can only use one.
Also, yes...I uninstalled it, I proved it with an image that you can check above.
I can do it fine on mine.