Brand new computer keeps crashing

jamesGF

Bronze Level Poster
You need to do windows update first, that should install all drivers. Only if there are unknown devices afterwards should you manually install any drivers.
is there a way to check for unknown devices / missing drivers? So i can go and download them manually if needed? Thanks

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
View attachment 16910

View attachment 16911View attachment 16910View attachment 16911

This is beyond a joke now

Full clean windows install and it bsods on first use

Can't bare to think about the amount of work hours I've wasted on trying to get this brand new machine to work

Don't know what to do anymore

@thomor how are you getting on???

I think there's possibly a hardware fault at play here. It may be cutting edge hardware with a driver gremlin, but to get a BSOD after first boot is not right IMO.

Once you have ensured all drivers are installed, along with the chipset, and Windows is up to date.... I would suggest you have done all you can.

jamesGF

Bronze Level Poster
1593205664556.png

I have a PCI device missing. Not sure what that is.. @Scott would this suggest I have missed a chipset driver download?

jamesGF

Bronze Level Poster
The link I gave has the chipset too, as long as it was downloaded. AMD operate similar to Intel, in that the motherboard chipset drivers are available direct :)
Sorry to be so ignorant - but when searching for the chipset drivers am I looking for my motherboard, GPU or CPU??

jamesGF

Bronze Level Poster
What board is it?
my motherboard is
Motherboard
ASUS® PRIME B450-PLUS (DDR4, USB 3.1, 6Gb/s) - RGB Ready!
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Six Core CPU (3.6GHz-4.2GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)
Graphics Card
8GB AMD RADEON™ RX 590 - HDMI, DP - DX® 12

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
its the
Motherboard
ASUS® PRIME B450-PLUS (DDR4, USB 3.1, 6Gb/s) - RGB Ready!

great i'll downlad this now thank you!
You have run windows update until there are none left? So you keep teasing the check updates button until there are none left?

jamesGF

Bronze Level Poster
1593207305969.png

having trouble with the chipset driver install now! Second time I've tried and received this message. Any advice please??