New PC, Poor Wifi

dylanbull

I got my PC yesterday. Have had a really good experience with it already but I'm only peaking out 1-3Mb/s download and barely 1Mb/s upload, whilst on my phone and laptop I'm hitting 60Mb/s. Tried to update the drivers but apparently they're already fully updated. It's a Realtek RTL8192EE. The antenna's position doesn't make a difference. Any ideas?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I got my PC yesterday. Have had a really good experience with it already but I'm only peaking out 1-3Mb/s download and barely 1Mb/s upload, whilst on my phone and laptop I'm hitting 60Mb/s. Tried to update the drivers but apparently they're already fully updated. It's a Realtek RTL8192EE. The antenna's position doesn't make a difference. Any ideas?
Are you sure you’re not getting confused between Mb and MB? What are you seeing your download speed on?

What speed is your internet connection?

Can you post your full specs from the order page?

dylanbull

Here’s the spec. I’m using the speedtest by ookla.
I get 60 megabytes of download regularly

Attachments

• 3C738206-D0C5-4AFB-A874-CF8E49BEAA82.jpeg
    3C738206-D0C5-4AFB-A874-CF8E49BEAA82.jpeg
    519.3 KB · Views: 138

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Here’s the spec. I’m using the speedtest by ookla.
I get 60 megabytes of download regularly
60MB download speeds would mean you have a 480Mb internet line? Is that correct?

Just need to work out where you're getting these readings, it's a common misunderstanding between MegaBits (Mb) and MegaBytes (MB)

So 1MB download would translate to 8Mb internet speed. and the 60Mb you referred to would equate to 7.5MB

Also, have you connected the antenna to the computer?

dylanbull

I’m not sure what my internet line speed is. I’m still a student so it’s my parents that deal with it. The antennas seems to be connected just fine, I can’t push them in and all i can do is twist them

dylanbull

I’m not sure what my internet line speed is. I’m still a student so it’s my parents that deal with it. The antennas seems to be connected just fine, I can’t push them in and all i can do is twist them
this is the antennas

Attachments

• B882CBB7-33B7-459C-8097-05BFBF209B44.jpeg
    B882CBB7-33B7-459C-8097-05BFBF209B44.jpeg
    248.7 KB · Views: 148

dylanbull

Ping isn’t terrible on PC

Attachments

• 44F017AE-01BC-4C4C-AB01-3B015D7EC007.jpeg
    44F017AE-01BC-4C4C-AB01-3B015D7EC007.jpeg
    122.8 KB · Views: 135
  • C1BE4B12-B7F5-4C9D-A708-67DED35C2380.jpeg
    C1BE4B12-B7F5-4C9D-A708-67DED35C2380.jpeg
    201.8 KB · Views: 151

Roberttonkiss874

Silver Level Poster
As a newbie looking at the spec isn't that the lowest spec network Card that only maxes out at 300 Mbps and works only on the 2.5 MHz Wi-fi frequency instead of the dual 2.5 and 5 MHz frequencies. I know the one I’m putting into my specs is a 1300Mbps and is a dual band frequency card it’s why I’ve put the card into my build specs as it allows for faster download and uploads. Though I have to admit I’m not that up on exactly how the system works so I may be wrong.

Roberttonkiss874

Silver Level Poster
Also have you had issues previously with Wi-fi reception where desktop is as we had to install a repeater Wi-fi unit when we changed providers to Sky as where our base unit is had to pass through some thick walls causing reception issues which was cured by the repeater unit.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Also have you had issues previously with Wi-fi reception where desktop is as we had to install a repeater Wi-fi unit when we changed providers to Sky as where our base unit is had to pass through some thick walls causing reception issues which was cured by the repeater unit.
That’s what we’re currently troubleshooting.

Roberttonkiss874

Silver Level Poster
I'm with sky right now, never had any reception issues on anything
In my home it’s because we have thick brick internal walls which the sky installation tech took readings of the signal strengths and proved they were causing major signal drop off, and hence the instillation of the repeater. Apparently it can be a problem common in some older homes.

dylanbull

In my home it’s because we have thick brick internal walls which the sky installation tech took readings of the signal strengths and proved they were causing major signal drop off, and hence the instillation of the repeater. Apparently it can be a problem common in some older homes.
Yeah I get where you're coming from but it's all just plasterboard. The house was built under 10 years ago and I've never had any issues at all prior to this.