Fan Queries

JohnWalton981

Silver Level Poster
I have 2 questions....

Should the rear not be exhaust?
Front 3 are intake, top 2 exhaust. I though the rear should exhaust too?

20200812_195228.jpg

Secondly, you may not know this but, on this case (Corsair 680x) it should come with RGB fans at the front. The box even has a sticker on saying 3x RGB and 1 x black.

Is it normal for PCS to swap out RGB for normal ones?

JohnWalton981

Silver Level Poster
Yes, IMHO should definitely be exhaust.

No, they should be RGB, have you installed iCue and see if they're showing up in there?
Thanks Spider, I thought as much.

It came with iCUE and they arent on, the H115i is though.
I've checked the model numbers (31-004802) and they're just black 120mm fans.

I'll contact them in the morning. I just hope they don't want it sent back in. I'd rather swap the rear fan arround and send the black ones back if they send the right ones out.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'll contact them in the morning. I just hope they don't want it sent back in. I'd rather swap the rear fan arround and send the black ones back if they send the right ones out.
They should be fine just shipping them to you next day.

I can't for the life of me work out why on earth they've been swapped out, just doesn't make sense!

JohnWalton981

Silver Level Poster
Just web chatted and they don't offer support via web chat so I've emailed my query. As a side note, if you look at the top right of the pic there is a gap between the top fans and the rad due to the screw not being fully tightened - I accept this may have come loose in transit but makes me wonder if I should check the whole build!

JohnWalton981

Silver Level Poster
So, an update. Some numpty didn't turn the RGB on in the lighting node. What an idiot🤦‍♂️. She's asking about the exhaust fan and loose screw though - neither a big deal but it's good they take the feedback.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So, an update. Some numpty didn't turn the RGB on in the lighting node. What an idiot🤦‍♂️. She's asking about the exhaust fan and loose screw though - neither a big deal but it's good they take the feedback.
Thank god for that, so it's working ok?

JohnWalton981

Silver Level Poster
Yes all in RGB glory. Although blue is more my colour.
Rear fan is swapped too, she said the technician said it would be OK but my idle temp dropped from 34 to 28 so its helped.
Check out my GPU holder that arrived today too. I ordered it it before I swapped out the GPU from the ti to super.
20200813_204522.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yes all in RGB glory. Although blue is more my colour.
Rear fan is swapped too, she said the technician said it would be OK but my idle temp dropped from 34 to 28 so its helped.
Check out my GPU holder that arrived today too. I ordered it it before I swapped out the GPU from the ti to super.
View attachment 17871
Fantastic, well done! It's really looking the part!

Have you managed to run some games yet?

Spoiler alert, install Epic Launcher and there are two excellent free games available now:

JohnWalton981

Silver Level Poster
Thanks! Ive got some bits en route that'll finish it off (single braided cables and a 7" screen to sit inside with temps etc on).

Well here's the thing. We use powerline adapters so i didn't get a WiFi card. They gave up today so I'm sitting with this gaming PC with no Internet. I've ordered a card from Amazon so it should come tomorrow. I'm hoping to get online tomorrow night 🤞

JohnWalton981

Silver Level Poster
There must have been 100 different designs and theyll even etch your own design too. There are some glorious things on there. Theres people on Reddit use AliExpress liquid cooling systems with great success.