14" FUSION PRO Review

ViaSiu

I have been using this laptop non stop for a bit more than a week now. I must say the new Ryzen 5 is pretty fast. My configuration is Ryzen 5 4600h, 8GB 2666Mhz DDR4 RAM, and a 512 M.2 SSD running Windows 10 Pro. I mostly use the laptop for general office work, Visual Studio, Adobe suite, Blender, virtual pc, some Unity and a bit of light gaming. The build quality is excellent with the metal chassis, and the charge time is very fast. The battery life is around average, for office work, it will last a full working day and a bit more at home, for games and videos around 3-4 hours and a little more depending on what it is running. But this is understandable because of its small size, weighing around 1kg.

It has a 1080p screen. The colours and viewing angle is excellent. I have spent quite a bit of time watching a Blu-ray movie using an external Blu-ray drive and my finding is that the colour depth and contrast are pretty good and the screen feels quite big for the laptop size because of the thin bezels.

For office work and web browsing, because it's so little load for the laptop, it runs silently most of the time and the temperature of the CPU is around 40 to 50 degrees. The bottom of the laptop is still nice and cool doing this work. The Ryzen 5 4600h has 6 cores and 12 threads running at a maximum of 4Ghz, which was very useful for my virtual pc work while still running other programs at the same time. Adobe suite and Blender also runs smoothly, I was able to work without any hiccups or much waiting for it to load and process. I haven't tried rendering anything overly complicated, but for simple 3D scenes, it renders quite fast especially for a laptop.

I only tried a few games on it, for Overcatch, I can run it on low settings at 30fps locked if I scale down the image. It can run League of Legends on max settings at 60fps. Older online games like Phantasy Star Online 2, and Guild Wars 2 also runs fine but you will have to tweak the settings to get a consistent 60fps. The CPU is powerful enough to run Football Manager 2020 with large database with about 63000 players and 22 leagues from 10 countries at a 2.5 stars speed rating according to the game. You can also run emulators on it, anything from around the Gamecube, PS2, Dreamcast and down runs perfectly. When the laptop gets on load the fan is auditable but not overly loud for a laptop, the CPU is around 70 to 80 degrees and the bottom can get a bit hot. There is some cooling vent at the back and the bottom so It does coll down quickly when its offload.

It also supports Wifi 6 which I happened to have a router for it and I can get a decent signal and relatively stable connection at my front garden and my router is toward the back of the house.

I would highly recommend this laptop if you need a small laptop to take around your work and need to do more than just word processing and browsing the internet. while it is not a powerhouse, it has a great combination of size and speed.

Attachments

• IMG_7591.JPG
    IMG_7591.JPG
    694.2 KB · Views: 403
  • IMG_7592.JPG
    IMG_7592.JPG
    760.5 KB · Views: 378
  • Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    597.5 KB · Views: 402
  • Untitled-3.jpg
    Untitled-3.jpg
    570.6 KB · Views: 398

ViaSiu

The only thing to add to review is the laptop isn't designed for constant heavy duty, so don't try to render 24/7.

Last edited:

StuKen

Good review. Just about to order. Mainly for Football manager. It doesn't get a bit loud and hot while playing that, does it?

TheMash

Bronze Level Poster
Hi,
nice laptop and review!
Could you please share the laptop specs from PCS website?
I'd like to know the specs of the whole package.

Thanks!

purplewakanda

Gold Level Poster
I have been using this laptop non stop for a bit more than a week now. I must say the new Ryzen 5 is pretty fast. My configuration is Ryzen 5 4600h, 8GB 2666Mhz DDR4 RAM, and a 512 M.2 SSD running Windows 10 Pro. I mostly use the laptop for general office work, Visual Studio, Adobe suite, Blender, virtual pc, some Unity and a bit of light gaming. The build quality is excellent with the metal chassis, and the charge time is very fast. The battery life is around average, for office work, it will last a full working day and a bit more at home, for games and videos around 3-4 hours and a little more depending on what it is running. But this is understandable because of its small size, weighing around 1kg.

It has a 1080p screen. The colours and viewing angle is excellent. I have spent quite a bit of time watching a Blu-ray movie using an external Blu-ray drive and my finding is that the colour depth and contrast are pretty good and the screen feels quite big for the laptop size because of the thin bezels.

For office work and web browsing, because it's so little load for the laptop, it runs silently most of the time and the temperature of the CPU is around 40 to 50 degrees. The bottom of the laptop is still nice and cool doing this work. The Ryzen 5 4600h has 6 cores and 12 threads running at a maximum of 4Ghz, which was very useful for my virtual pc work while still running other programs at the same time. Adobe suite and Blender also runs smoothly, I was able to work without any hiccups or much waiting for it to load and process. I haven't tried rendering anything overly complicated, but for simple 3D scenes, it renders quite fast especially for a laptop.

I only tried a few games on it, for Overcatch, I can run it on low settings at 30fps locked if I scale down the image. It can run League of Legends on max settings at 60fps. Older online games like Phantasy Star Online 2, and Guild Wars 2 also runs fine but you will have to tweak the settings to get a consistent 60fps. The CPU is powerful enough to run Football Manager 2020 with large database with about 63000 players and 22 leagues from 10 countries at a 2.5 stars speed rating according to the game. You can also run emulators on it, anything from around the Gamecube, PS2, Dreamcast and down runs perfectly. When the laptop gets on load the fan is auditable but not overly loud for a laptop, the CPU is around 70 to 80 degrees and the bottom can get a bit hot. There is some cooling vent at the back and the bottom so It does coll down quickly when its offload.

It also supports Wifi 6 which I happened to have a router for it and I can get a decent signal and relatively stable connection at my front garden and my router is toward the back of the house.

I would highly recommend this laptop if you need a small laptop to take around your work and need to do more than just word processing and browsing the internet. while it is not a powerhouse, it has a great combination of size and speed.
It's a shame they don't do Ryzen anymore on 14''