Choosing the right monitor/resolution?

Nordstrom

Hellooo.. while waiting for the release of the GEFORCE RTX 3070, I am looking for the right monitor to pair with the build below.
I originally aimed to play in 1440p, but have in the mean time kinda falled in love with this monitor Predator XB3, which is a 4k monitor..

Question is.. will my setup below, be able to sustain 4 k gaming in the coming years? Or should I, for the sake of future proofing, stick with a 1440p screen..
As you can probably guess, based on above, I am not really dead set on 4k gaming.. Have only gotten a decent offer on the predator screen, and I love the design (specifically the "blinders").

What do you think?

Thx in advance!

Planned build

CASE
NZXT H1 GAMING-KABINET
Processor (CPU
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Eight Core CPU (3.9GHz-4.5GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard
ASUS ROG Strix X570-I Gaming
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics card
8GB GEFORCE RTX 3070
1. M.2 SSD-drev
500GB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3500MB/R, 3200MB/W)
1.storage drive
2TB Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (optil 560MB/sR | 530MB/sW)
Powersupply
NZXT INTEGRATED 650W 80+ GOLD STRØMFORSYNING
Power cable
1 x 1 Meter Europæisk Strømkabel (Kettle Lead)
Processor cooling
NZXT 140mm watercooler INTEGRATED
Thermal paste
ARCTIC MX-4 EKSTREM TERMOKONDUKTIVITETSSAMMENSÆTNING
Thermal paste
Det køligste i har..
Sound card
ONBOARD 6 KANAL(5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (SOM STANDARD)
wireless/wired networking
GIGABIT LAN PORT + Wi-Fi
Options for USB/Thunderbolt
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 4 x USB 2.0 PORTE @ BAGPANEL + MIN. 2 FRONTPORTE
Operativsystem
Windows 10 Home 64 Bit

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
That’s an amazing monitor but the ideal card to go with it is the 3080. So if you’ve got the budget to upgrade then go for it 🙂👍

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I don’t think the 3080 will fit in the H1 case at all, it’s a big card.

You’d need a full sized case to support it.

Oh my god, I didn’t look at the case! I just focused on the monitor and the GPU. Yeah, that’s going to be a tight fit 😆

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The configurator let's you pick the H1 and a 3080! Of course, the PSU will be below the minimum recommended
I’ll feed that back to the powers that be, there’s no way the H1 is going to be able to support the H1

I’m completely wrong as usual, so long as you’ve got a compatible PSU an aftermarket card should fit!

So you would need a 750w PSU or preferably 850w. It’s would need to be an SFF PSU to fit the case.

Nordstrom

Hi guys.. thx for all the replies..
The 3080 can physically fit into the h1, but for temperature reasons it seems like a bad idea ( mainly bcs the inverted exhaust air - see test here if interested).

What I gather from above, is basically, go with a 1440p screen or chose another case better suited for the 3080.. (though the inversed air exhaust, a fit seems difficult if you want a SFF gamer.. )

Nordstrom

and yeah, you likely have to replace the build in psu if you wanna go with the 3080.. but then again, overruled by temperature concerns