Corsair 4000D Airflow in Black

lastho

This new case from Corsair looks good, I like the airflow and that you can see the RBG fans etc.

around £80 retail I think?

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I'm more interested in the new cooler. Not seen that one yet :D

Case looks good but would be pricey as you need to add your own RGB.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
You'd hate mine, it's like there's an acid house rave on my desk.
I'm afraid that would drive me to distraction. The only lights I want to see on PCs (or any electronic kit) are those that convey useful information - even my illuminated keyboard is set to change colour based on the CPU temperatures. Each to his or her own though I suppose. :)

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I'm afraid that would drive me to distraction. The only lights I want to see on PCs (or any electronic kit) are those that convey useful information - even my illuminated keyboard is set to change colour based on the CPU temperatures. Each to his or her own though I suppose. :)

My previous PC from Chillblast was a silent, discreet model but I fancied something a bit more eye-catching with this one. It doesn't actually distract me, I'll often set it to be a single colour and let it cast a nice warming glow across my desk.

And then crank up the RGB if I'm playing something like Doom o_O

Last edited:

Grumpywurzel

Bright Spark
If you could setup the RGB to change with the music or when you are Pew Pewing (been playing Star Wars Squadrons non stop so you'll have to excuse me 🤣), then i would seriously look at a fancy day glo/Fresh Prince rig but not sure if the Mrs would be too keen!!

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
If you could setup the RGB to change with the music or when you are Pew Pewing (been playing Star Wars Squadrons non stop so you'll have to excuse me 🤣), then i would seriously look at a fancy day glo/Fresh Prince rig but not sure if the Mrs would be too keen!!

I believe that Far Cry 5, Metro Exodus and The Division 2 have integration with Corsair’s iCue software that matches colours and effects to what’s going on in the game. It’d be nice to see that rolled on more titles 👍

RaffScallion

Is it possible to learn this power?

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Is it possible to learn this power?
First of all, this would be with a Corsair RGB keyboard running the iCue software...

Go to Lighting Effects and add a new effect. On mine the default effect is Spiral Rainbow so click on the drop-down menu in the centre (where it currently says Spiral Rainbow) and select Temperature under the Lighting Link list on the right.

There are three colour steps available and you can choose each colour and the temperature at which it changes. Although there's only three colours the change is gradual between them so they flow into one another giving a smooth range of colours.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
First of all, this would be with a Corsair RGB keyboard running the iCue software...

Go to Lighting Effects and add a new effect. On mine the default effect is Spiral Rainbow so click on the drop-down menu in the centre (where it currently says Spiral Rainbow) and select Temperature under the Lighting Link list on the right.

There are three colour steps available and you can choose each colour and the temperature at which it changes. Although there's only three colours the change is gradual between them so they flow into one another giving a smooth range of colours.
Wow. I'm a ventriloquist and never knew it! [emoji1787]

RaffScallion

Prerequisite met. Will give it a go, cheers!