NVidia 3000 series confirmed details

sebinou

Bronze Level Poster
Just standard
If you ordered at 2:0X on launch day i would say that it will definitly be build during this week.
It s frustrating to know that people who ordered after you are getting theirs, but at least it shows that something is moving :)... i guess

Rossl496

Anyone tell me if this is powered correctly please? Thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201012-141039_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201012-141039_Gallery.jpg
    837.7 KB · Views: 206

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
If you ordered at 2:0X on launch day i would say that it will definitly be build during this week.
It s frustrating to know that people who ordered after you are getting theirs, but at least it shows that something is moving :)... i guess
@sebinou i get that you’re trying to be helpful, but please don’t give people false expectations about their build dates, everyone just needs to accept it will be built when it’s built.

Rossl496

Ooo, nice, very good choice if a little over the top.

So you should have spare cables in the welcome box. Is the PSU accessible or is there a shroud over it?
Haha thanks, I had future proofing in mind when I picked the parts 🤣 its slightly accessible from the back but yeah it looks like it has the shroud over it on the front side

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201012-151332_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201012-151332_Gallery.jpg
    798.5 KB · Views: 185
  • Screenshot_20201012-151328_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201012-151328_Gallery.jpg
    969.2 KB · Views: 198

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Haha thanks, I had future proofing in mind when I picked the parts 🤣 its slightly accessible from the back but yeah it looks like it has the shroud over it on the front side
Ok, it’s going to be a bit fiddly to get the second PCIe cable into the PSU, the easiest way will be to remove the shroud unfortunately. Then you wanna plug on end into the PCIe output on the PSU, sort out basic cable management and feed it into the main compartment so it just about reaches the PSU. I’d leave the cable exposing side off til the very end otherwise you might find you want to tweak the cable management as a last thing.

I am sorry about that, we’ve notified PCS to warn them that this is happening and hopefully it will stop soon, not that that helps you.

Rossl496

Ok, it’s going to be a bit fiddly to get the second PCIe cable into the PSU, the easiest way will be to remove the shroud unfortunately. Then you wanna plug on end into the PCIe output on the PSU, sort out basic cable management and feed it into the main compartment so it just about reaches the PSU. I’d leave the cable exposing side off til the very end otherwise you might find you want to tweak the cable management as a last thing.

I am sorry about that, we’ve notified PCS to warn them that this is happening and hopefully it will stop soon, not that that helps you.
Thanks for the help its really appreciated, ill post an update later today with how I get on with it, seems fiddly but straightforward enough 🤣 can I just unplug the daisy chained part of the first cable and plug the second cable in and not worry about the dasiy chained bits? Thanks 😊

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thanks for the help its really appreciated, ill post an update later today with how I get on with it, seems fiddly but straightforward enough 🤣 can I just unplug the daisy chained part of the first cable and plug the second cable in and not worry about the dasiy chained bits? Thanks 😊
Yeah, just leave the secondary daisy bits free, you may even have 2 PCIe PSU cables without the daisy chain extras, not sure.

zweenzta

Gold Level Poster
How did the cabling go?

SPUDMAN

Been checking this thread everyday since launch and finally getting around to posting!

I ordered a standard 3080 for my build on Sept 17th at 14:12. I then upgraded to the Strix on Oct 3rd as I found out the standard wasn’t a founders edition and was a lucky dip essentially. Gutted.

can confirm that you get the watch dogs legion code emailed to you. My rig has been dispatched and arriving tomorrow.

you’ve all been great on here and I wanted to say thank you for all the posts of reassurance during this time! I’ll definitely be checking the power cables when it gets here though haha

All the best!