Looking for a good monitor 144hz 1440p 27-32''

MIETUS

Hey guys,

I'm looking for advice on a new monitor for my missus. It has to be at least 144hz or more, 1440p & 27 to 32 inches, so typical gaming monitor, it would be nice if it would be a curved one.

I'm currently waiting for my 3080 build but I already have 4k monitor, so we will need proper 1440p one for her.

Could I please ask you for advice? I was thinking about MSI, ASUS & AOC brands.

Thanks a lot guys, much appreciated!

EDIT: Budget is about £400-£500, cheers!

Last edited:

Gavras

Master Poster
When looking for monitors, check to see who the panel manufacturer is, often the same panel is used in monitors be 3 or more manufacturers. Yes they will have different (sometimes) AD boards and backlights.

for example see Below

MIETUS

When looking for monitors, check to see who the panel manufacturer is, often the same panel is used in monitors be 3 or more manufacturers. Yes they will have different (sometimes) AD boards and backlights.

for example see Below

Cheers matey, I will check that out.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I love the Samsung offerings right now. Not sure if their G lineup would be outwith the budget though.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Can't recommend a partcular screen...I will say that AOC prices don't do justice to their quality....I have a 1440p 75Hz 32" screen which was only £300 and I find it to be excellent
AOC have come a very long way in a short space of time, they’re cheap but certainly not budget, very nice monitors.

Mask3d

Silver Level Poster
Curved 1440p at 144hz pretty much leads to the Samsung Odyssey G7 but thats around £600 unless you can find a deal.
If curved is not a big need try the HP Omen X27, you should be able to find some within budget

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Curved 1440p at 144hz pretty much leads to the Samsung Odyssey G7 but thats around £600 unless you can find a deal.
If curved is not a big need try the HP Omen X27, you should be able to find some within budget
The G7 is 240Hz, as is the HP Omen 27, but that's much more suitable anyway, gives you some headroom for upgrades.

Gavras

Master Poster
The monitors below all use the same LG Nano IPS panel.

so other than a bit of tweaking on the AD board and things like backlight, majority of monitors can be nigh on identical.

it’s also funny when people say they only ever use Samsung, without realising Samsung use a fair few LG panels lol.

connections etc will invariably be different.

27” 1440p 144Hz 1msNow available (LG)
August $620 (Acer)
July $570 (Dell)
LG 27GL850
LG 27GL83A
LG 27GN850
LG 27GN800
Dell S2721DGF (165Hz OC)
Acer CP3271U (165Hz OC)
Philips 275M1RZ
HP Omen 27i
Eve Spectrum QHD 144Hz (crowd funded)
MSI MAG274QRF

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I picked up the LG Ultragear 27GL850-B for £350 a couple of weeks ago on Amazon (got a bit ahead of my new PC arriving) - but I think I either bagged a bargain, or it was a mistake where the price has been honoured, as the price has gone up £100 since and I can't see the bargain price recorded on CamelCamelCamel.

The AW2721D expected to be available in the UK on 26th November, starting at £699 GBP

https://www.amazon.com/Alienware-Gaming-Monitor-DisplayHDR-Certification/dp/B08LR145ZY

Pricey but is the only 27 inch nano ips with 240hz with gsync ultimate that I could find

Alienware 27 Gaming Monitor - AW2721D (Latest Model) - 240Hz, 27-inch QHD, Fast IPS Monitor with VESA DisplayHDR 600, NVIDIA G-SYNC Ultimate Certification and IPS Nano Color Technology​

Apparantly out this month

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The AW2721D expected to be available in the UK on 26th November, starting at £699 GBP

https://www.amazon.com/Alienware-Gaming-Monitor-DisplayHDR-Certification/dp/B08LR145ZY

Pricey but is the only 27 inch nano ips with 240hz with gsync ultimate that I could find

Alienware 27 Gaming Monitor - AW2721D (Latest Model) - 240Hz, 27-inch QHD, Fast IPS Monitor with VESA DisplayHDR 600, NVIDIA G-SYNC Ultimate Certification and IPS Nano Color Technology​

Apparantly out this month
The only downside with that monitor ant that budget is it’s only HDR600, really ought to be HDR10

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Similar question to the OP, I've plumped for this monitor with my build (mainly driven by the current stock situation) so just seeking to understand if it will do my 3070 justice? Seems to hit all of the requirements.

I'll probably get an ultrawide next year but hoping this will see me through til then.

As a budget option that will suit the 3070 although will be right at the peak of its performance at most times, but that’s no bad thing!

As a budget option that will suit the 3070 although will be right at the peak of its performance at most times, but that’s no bad thing!
Cheers! I've been speccing a couple that are in stock that are £100-200 more but they don't seem to offer that much more.

Would rather hang fire and go wallet bustingly good at a later date!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Cheers! I've been speccing a couple that are in stock that are £100-200 more but they don't seem to offer that much more.

Would rather hang fire and go wallet bustingly good at a later date!
Ultrawide would be perfect for the 3070 and like you say, worth saving up and getting something stonking, plus there will no doubt be a lot more options by next year in that range.

The only downside with that monitor ant that budget is it’s only HDR600, really ought to be HDR10
Apparantly the price on usa release has plummeted im hoping for the same on the uk release tho im finding it pritty difficult to find 1440p 240hz ips screens that have it all :(

Was looking at the Samsung s but the 1800 curve is abit offputting

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Apparantly the price on usa release has plummeted im hoping for the same on the uk release tho im finding it pritty difficult to find 1440p 240hz ips screens that have it all :(

Was looking at the Samsung s but the 1800 curve is abit offputting
The HP Omen 27 is the one to go for at 1440p 240Hz, it's around the same cost as the samsung G7 but without the curve and has exceptional reviews. I have no doubt that will drop in price with Black Friday this week, keep an eye out on Amazon: