RTX 3080

yossarian01603

ANYWAY lets get back to the endless speculation of when the 3080's will arrive back in stock :)

OR maybe now with the AMD announcement, people will start to switch - both the 6800XT and 6900XT look like brilliant cards. Very strong showing from AMD. Though curiously absent was any mention of AI-driven up-scaling (like DLSS, although they are rumoured to bring their own solution to market next year) or Ray-Tracing which I guess means they can't compete on either at the moment. The combination of a Ryzen 5000 and AMD graphics card boosting gaming performance though is pretty attractive I won't lie! makes me wish I had a monitor that was both Freesync and Gsync compatible as opposed to being locked-in by having hardware based Gsync.

BT81

Enthusiast
ANYWAY lets get back to the endless speculation of when the 3080's will arrive back in stock :)

OR maybe now with the AMD announcement, people will start to switch - both the 6800XT and 6900XT look like brilliant cards. Very strong showing from AMD. Though curiously absent was any mention of AI-driven up-scaling (like DLSS, although they are rumoured to bring their own solution to market next year) or Ray-Tracing which I guess means they can't compete on either at the moment. The combination of a Ryzen 5000 and AMD graphics card boosting gaming performance though is pretty attractive I won't lie! makes me wish I had a monitor that was both Freesync and Gsync compatible as opposed to being locked-in by having hardware based Gsync.

Yep, surely there can't be 'THAT many people' in the Market for a £600 / £700 card? - A combo or the RTX 3007 / 3080 and Big Navi 6800XT. Cards for everyone....to sell on ebay for x3 times the price - crying emoji

Sucks for PCS and others. I'd like more viability on 'where we are on a list' - The ideal would be. 'You have a 3080 ordered, however you are x on a list. We have some 3070 / Big Navi cards due. Would you like to swap'

Saying that. All be forgotten about once you receive one. Play Cyberpunk for 5 mins :)

scarpa1

Enthusiast
Without starting a new thread I will just put this in here as its 3080 related anyway.

My PC has been in the In build stage for 14 working days, (Liquid series build, with an Strix 3080) I've just been in live chat with PCS but they couldn't get through to anyone in the build department so the lead build person is supposed to be emailing with an update sometime.

Anyway, depending on the outcome of the delay if it is 3080 related which I guess it will be my main question is has anyone had a PC that was purchased with finance put their build on hold for any amount of time?
If I had paid by credit/debit card I could just maybe cancel and start again but having gone through finance and got all this set up and under way I feel its more complicated kind of thing, if that makes sense.

So if I say swapped to the new AMD GPU which comes out on the 18th, delaying until then would be OK? the 3080 might not be ready for my build anyway, though that might not be the hold up.
I'm hoping to amend the order anyway on the 5th to the new Ryzen CPU's but then there's another question, if my PC is already in build is swapping the CPU still an option on a liquid build?
Obviously no one can give a definite answer but was just after some thoughts before finding out the status of by PC order which hopefully will be tomorrow and then I can phone up and ask the above.

Scoped Badger

Silver Level Poster
If your PC has been in the build stage for 14 working days already, I'd be amazed if you can amend your order on the 5th November. Certainly not without incurring ridiculous charges. That'll be 20 working days in building. Surely it'll be completed by then?

scarpa1

Enthusiast
If your PC has been in the build stage for 14 working days already, I'd be amazed if you can amend your order on the 5th November. Certainly not without incurring ridiculous charges. That'll be 20 working days in building. Surely it'll be completed by then?
I can still amend stuff now and no charges get added, (only tried the CPU and GPU) just the price difference for the item.

Its only really the CPU I would like to charge really, the swapping to a different GPU would only be if say the 3080 wasnt available until next year say so I would be waiting past the AMD GPU release day anyway.
I guess swapping a CPU wouldnt involve too much disruption to a liquid build, tubing shouldn't be affected in terms of length, direction etc?
Obviously need removing etc. not sure really.

Hopefully I will find out tomorrow when the build team gets in touch.

Mask3d

Silver Level Poster
I called PCS today to confirm that my build was not being held up by anything other than the 3080 (I've ordered the Strix).
The guy (Sam) was extremely helpful, PCS have been having stock issues across the board (almost like there's a global pandemic or something?), he said other than the 3080 my power supply was out of stock but he was sure a delivery was due in and either way if the 3080 for my build arrived they would contact me regarding the power supply situation rather than allow it to hold up.

I asked about changing out the CPU etc and he said they expect many to do that but it won't be possible until launch day (So no, you can't call them up and order it in advance).

I might not get my build this year which is going to be hard as my new monitor is due to arrive any day now but I trust PCS and know this isn't their fault. I've also heard some rather worrying 'grumbles' about Nvidia and scalping, marketplace manipulation, and false reviews but thats a separate topic for a separate thread.

Out of interest, has anyone got a PC with a 3080 Rog Strix card either built or in build?

Smesh

The issue isn't that they're delays with the 3080, other companies are giving customers queue numbers and it seems here it's luck of the draw?

Scoped Badger

Silver Level Poster
The issue isn't that they're delays with the 3080, other companies are giving customers queue numbers and it seems here it's luck of the draw?
If you’d have read this forum since release, you’d know that just isn’t true.

But doing some research and forming your opinion, didn’t fit the narrative.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine

They did mention that they're working on their version of DLSS which will be in a driver update sometime soon. It will obviously take some optimising with further updates, but I'm expecting good things.... SO LONG AS THEY MANAGE TO KEEP DRIVERS WORKING, I think that's where they need to prove themselves with this series.

I have high hopes for AMD, very excited to see how they handle this release.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yes, please before posting stuff like this, do your due diligence and read over the history.

Coming on to the forum and on the same day slagging off the company does not bode well.

Smesh

Bunch of fan boys. I don't dislike PCS and neither was I slagging them off however it is true that we are not given our place in the queue and are told "We don't know how many people are ahead of you" yet other companies are literally providing their customers with which place they are.

Last edited by a moderator:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Bunch of fan boys. I don't dislike PCS and neither was I slagging them off however it is true that we are not given our place in the queue and are told "We don't know how many people are ahead of you" yet other companies like OC are literally providing their customers with which place they are.
Yes, and if you read through this thread it's all explained for you.

If you're unhappy with the service, please speak to PCS directly, there's nothing we can do about that unfortunately.

scarpa1

Enthusiast
I called PCS today to confirm that my build was not being held up by anything other than the 3080 (I've ordered the Strix).
The guy (Sam) was extremely helpful, PCS have been having stock issues across the board (almost like there's a global pandemic or something?), he said other than the 3080 my power supply was out of stock but he was sure a delivery was due in and either way if the 3080 for my build arrived they would contact me regarding the power supply situation rather than allow it to hold up.

I asked about changing out the CPU etc and he said they expect many to do that but it won't be possible until launch day (So no, you can't call them up and order it in advance).

I might not get my build this year which is going to be hard as my new monitor is due to arrive any day now but I trust PCS and know this isn't their fault. I've also heard some rather worrying 'grumbles' about Nvidia and scalping, marketplace manipulation, and false reviews but thats a separate topic for a separate thread.

Out of interest, has anyone got a PC with a 3080 Rog Strix card either built or in build?
Mine has a Strix and is in build but like I mentioned earlier, its been in build for 14 days now. Should find out more tomorrow when PCS get back to me so can update you then.

ProEnigma

Bronze Level Poster
Bunch of fan boys.
I think thats a tad unfair, I have an interesting past on this forum, im one of the first to speak up, but please try and see it from PCS point of view as well, I am sure they would love to get every ones build sorted out, from there point of view having a system waiting 20 days for 1 part hase to be frustrating for them as well as us, please if you feel you need or want to I encouraged to contact PCS, see if they can give you more information on your build and whats holding it up, they will have more information that we will, again I am sorry you are feeling frustrated, it's not a good feeling, I hope it's sorted out for you soon :)

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Bunch of fan boys. I don't dislike PCS and neither was I slagging them off however it is true that we are not given our place in the queue and are told "We don't know how many people are ahead of you" yet other companies are literally providing their customers with which place they are.
These are family friendly fora and since you've only just joined I encourage you to read the forum rules. Disrespecting other members by calling them '[a] bunch of fan boys' is not the way we communicate on here. Please take this as a friendly warning.

You're also quite wrong to suggest that 'it seems here it's luck of the draw' because you have zero evidence to support that assertion - only your own frustration. I suspect that PCS are not attempting to provide queue positions because without you knowing how fast the queue is moving it's a meaningless number. Suppose I told you that you were number 324 in the queue, does that make you feel better? What about if I said you were number 14 in the queue, is that better or worse than being 324? It depends on how fast the queues are moving of course!

In addition, with what appears to be almost random deliveries of 3080 cards (and it would seem some other components) at the moment, PCS are unable to provide accurate delivery estimates more than a few days out. You also don't know how accurate the information being provided by other companies really is, anyone can quote any numbers they like on a website.

zweenzta

Gold Level Poster
My machine went into dispatch this morning. So for anyone who is out of the loop:

Ordered on launch @ 14:01
Called PCS on Monday to ask about my components (seeing others getting their machines who ordered after me)
Case was out of stock and not coming back anytime soon - so I changed it
Went into build Tuesday afternoon - Testing Wednesday - Dispatch today

All I'd say is check you have all your components in stock (don't check the website as its not live updates).
Its worth using the web chat when available as its better than staying on hold on the phones or waiting on email replies.