RTX 3080

Zyton

Covid has not suspended basic laws. For example, The Consumer Rights Act 2015 has in no way been rescinded and PCS have entered a contract with me under this law. Now the terms of that contract include those implied by percentage dispatched table. And if I have come to an arrangement with PCS that their consideration now consists of items in stock, but yet the contractual production period is not affected by the change, then they are in breach of contract by not providing a delivery date that I agree is reasonable. The only matter under dispute if were I to start an action at this point, would be how much compensation is due for my time in pursuing the matter. Hours spent holding in phone queues can and routinely are included in these claims.
No exact date was given for your build. It has always been pre order with it stated that pre order items will be fulfilled when the stock is available this is how it has been since the launch and what you agreed too. They have made it clear that the etas are not representative of the 3080s and the fact you have not cancelled means you have agreed with this. You will get nothing as you have accepted what they have told you. So grow up and wait or even better yet get a refund and let someone get their PC sooner.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
And don't forget they only have so many folk building machines and that needs to cover all their customers, not only the handful who are ordering machines with these cards in

Gavras

Master Poster
There are several discord channels that alert in stock and I'd recommend following the twitter account part alerts. You have to be quick but when buying my cards the 3070's alerted more and stayed up longer (minutes rather than seconds). My other tip would be follow some smaller UK based resellers, there are a few that put up cards as they get them.

I've bought both a 3070 and 3080 in the past two weeks.
Not scalping at all then by resellers and buying cards to shift on....

JPM

Both sides of the argument have a point. Yes, its a pre-order and there's no guarantee on timescales and the t&c's cover them against liability. With that said, the fact we get zero communication from PCS is disappointing, especially after paying the sums of money we have. I don't think there's anything wrong with PCS publishing general build timescale estimates based on the card type on twitter for example. I get its tough times, but people have given PCS considerable sums of money for goods and I think they can do better. Suggesting that people can just cancel, while accurate, doesn't solve any problems

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Zk2AHQI.gif

god you must be fun at parties.

I assume you never showed the T&C’s, they are pretty open and easy to read on liability from stock availability.
Putting the ad hominin insult to one side for a moment; there's no small print caveat ever written that supersedes statute law. Most of them are written either to deter the casual consumer from claiming what they are entitled to, or if not, as an opening gambit when a complaint is negotiated prior to litigation. It's this way because the statutes are overwhelmingly in favour of the Consumer in the UK. You don't even need a lawyer, you can submit Claims of <£100,000 principal value online and most claims under £10,000 are almost completely automated. If you've paid by credit card or via the finance company, the law is even more draconian and on your side. I grant you, the situation with the Nvidia 30xx series does fall outside these measures unless you just want to quit and get your money back. But if there are reasonable alternatives available which you are willing to accept (and i'd argue that I'm accepting an inferior alternative), then my preference for barrack rooms, popularity at parties or on internet forums doesn't change anything.

I assume you all work just as hard as I do for the money to buy this stuff, why are you so willing to accept 2nd rate service in return? If Nvidia or PCS offer anybody on here anything in recompense for this delay, then I'll happily, gleefully, joyfully concede that I'm wrong, I'm a windbag and I should shut my hole. But so far, all I see is a load of severely out of pocket customers who's only crime is to have handed over large amounts of money for literally nothing so far.

MartyF

Not scalping at all then by resellers and buying cards to shift on....
Not sure what you mean? Is that directed at me? I bought a 3070 as had give up on a 3080 but got lucky on a 3080 and returned the 3070. The 3080 was ordered before the 3070 was delivered so just declined delivery.

1605624160274.png

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Having Purchased from PCS in the past I have been happy with their service hence why I have purchased again. Yes, I agree with the lack of information surrounding cards has been and is annoying (Even if PCS don't have the information to provide). And having to wait a severe amount of time for the build can make anyone angry but In my opinion (That being the important bit here) I feel it was made clear enough that this is entirely on when they get the GPU'S delivered. Which is not something PCS can control, unfortunately. I feel they have been very open with letting us know that the situation is dire at the moment and gave us the option to get a full refund to try our luck somewhere else. I have decided to stick with PCS because of my good experience in the past. Yes, it is annoying paying for something that I may not have for months but I trust that PCS is working on it and will get around to building my PC once everyone who ordered before me has been completed which I would expect from any decent company.

I feel that although hardly little detailed information has been provided. Enough has been given to make us aware that there are going to be long wait times for our builds because of something that is out of their control. Threatening legal action is just silly to me as you always have the option to get a refund and go somewhere else if you think they will be quicker. Stick with PCS if you want to but if you are that angry that you may have to continue waiting then you have the option to get a refund and order for somewhere else. If you decide to stay waiting that is entirely on you and you then accept that you will be waiting.
Don't feed the troll. :)

Jingo

Bronze Level Poster
I am optimistic they will be, hardware wise at least, it all comes down to driver support imho.
I actually meant in terms of delivery, but I also look forward to benchmarking. Will have a look at the 6900 XT in December, since it's not supposed to be as expensive as the 3090 but has comparable performance. Might be worth a swap if AMD do better with the manufacturing.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I actually meant in terms of delivery, but I also look forward to benchmarking. Will have a look at the 6900 XT in December, since it's not supposed to be as expensive as the 3090 but has comparable performance. Might be worth a swap if AMD do better with the manufacturing.
Well, with regards to stocks, nvidia are using samsung to make the silicon, and samsung have really struggled with manufacturing generally, whereas AMD are using TSMC who are the BIG DADDY when it comes to chip manufacturing.

The hope is that AMD will still sell out remarkably quickly, but that they'll be able to replenish stocks a lot quicker than nvidia have done.

This is all hope and supposition though, we'll have to wait and see.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Dear Santa,

I would like to buy a new RTX 3080 for Christmas at store price.

That's all I want.

Amen

Dear Shafi,

Thank you for your letter but I'm sorry to tell you that I've had a lot of letters asking for an RTX 3080 and I'm sorry to say that I'm having difficulty sourcing supplies. I will do my best to get you one for Christmas, but I can't promise which Christmas that will be.

Santa