Big navi 21. PCS release info?

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
My order has not moved on since I changed the PSU as PCS's request (but don't know how often the status is updated).

What I'd really like is a live flag (red = OOS/not allocated; amber = pre-order/allocated; green = in stock/allocated) on the order page showing which parts are in stock/allocated and which are not...so you can see if you've got to swap out anything to progress your order, instead of waiting for another email and maybe swapping to something else which is pre-order/OOS by the time your status is checked.

[When playing with other people's configs] I notice that some of my other components are out of stock until middle of December...and as we've been told plenty of times, the stock is not pre-allocated to a specific order...so will I be forced to play back-a-mole with parts and still end up waiting the same as if I'd not bothered changing?

Mike-

My order has not moved on since I changed the PSU as PCS's request (but don't know how often the status is updated).

What I'd really like is a live flag (red = OOS/not allocated; amber = pre-order/allocated; green = in stock/allocated) on the order page showing which parts are in stock/allocated and which are not...so you can see if you've got to swap out anything to progress your order, instead of waiting for another email and maybe swapping to something else which is pre-order/OOS by the time your status is checked.

[When playing with other people's configs] I notice that some of my other components are out of stock until middle of December...and as we've been told plenty of times, the stock is not pre-allocated to a specific order...so will I be forced to play back-a-mole with parts and still end up waiting the same as if I'd not bothered changing?

Just got off the phone with them. I changed my PSU from rmx 850 to rmx 1000w - which is in stock. The chap on the other end said they have received 6800XT, although one hasn't been assigned to my order yet. A bit strange as I ordered at 158pm on release day, but he said it shouldn't be too long. Just waiting on the CPU (5900x) and GPU now.

He said the SSD (1TB SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 7000MB/R, 5000MB/W)) has already been assigned to my order. This is out of stock until mid december according to the config, so I hope this helps you... perhaps give them a call so you do not need to play with the config over and over.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Just got off the phone with them. I changed my PSU from rmx 850 to rmx 1000w - which is in stock. The chap on the other end said they have received 6800XT, although one hasn't been assigned to my order yet. A bit strange as I ordered at 158pm on release day, but he said it shouldn't be too long. Just waiting on the CPU (5900x) and GPU now.

He said the SSD (1TB SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 7000MB/R, 5000MB/W)) has already been assigned to my order. This is out of stock until mid december according to the config, so I hope this helps you... perhaps give them a call so you do not need to play with the config over and over.
I'm not touching the config unless I'm told to! Not playing that game anymore.

Waiting on the phone is a bit difficult at the moment, as I'm on tele/video-conferences regularly throughout the day...ensuring our company's own supply is not disrupted. I've got bit of time free now, so I'll give them a go.

ETA: waited at position #2 in the telephone queue for 35 minutes and gave up. Will give it another go tomorrow...as it's usually my quietest day of the week.

Last edited:

Danpulse

Bronze Level Poster

i hope that now its just the 5900x that i am waiting for. my last re-config i did every other part apart from the 5900x was in stock.
i may give them a call tomorrow as i am reluctent to seem like i am pestering them. only sent 3 emails so far.

Cheers for the update tho.

Mike-

Been told Jan for my GPU :-( 14:05. Gutted. I suppose it's better to just think it's defo not here for Christmas. Remember the rules. You get yours - PHOTO! :)
Well, I may be held up by my CPU 🤣. I didn't switch it to 5900x until the Sunday...

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Been told Jan for my GPU :-( 14:05. Gutted. I suppose it's better to just think it's defo not here for Christmas. Remember the rules. You get yours - PHOTO! :)
If I get told that (for my 6800XT), I'm just buying a pre-built Intel one with a 3080 from xxxxx - or buying it without the GPU and getting one of the only slightly overpriced 3070s from a PCS competitor.

Last edited:

Derngek

Silver Level Poster
If I get told that (for my 6800XT), I'm just buying a pre-built Intel one with a 3080 from xxxxx - or buying it without the GPU and getting one of the only slightly overpriced ones from a PCS competitor.
It's a bummer to wait to possibly Jan. AMD fault not PCS. I guess it's worth keeping an eye on online retailers to see if any 3080 or 6800xt may creep in to stock this year while I wait with the pc build. I signed up for the queue on EVGA EU webpage for one of their 3080 cards and as far as I heard they have a very fair queing system that if they have it in stock and you are next they will give you an 8 hour timeframe for you to purchase it before they release it to the next person behind you.

Last edited:

BT81

Enthusiast
It's a bummer to wait to possibly Jan. AMD fault not PCS. I guess it's worth keeping an eye on online retailers to see if any 3080 or 6800xt may creep in to stock this year while I wait with the pc build. I signed up for the queue on EVGA EU webpage for one of their 3080 cards and as far as I heard they have a very fair queing system that if they have it in stock and you are next they will give you an 8 hour timeframe for you to purchase it before they release it to the next person behind you.
Did anyone get a 6800xt PC yet? I do wonder how many of us ordered one on the day. Does suck for everyone mind. I like most was hoping to receive it for Christmas 🎄. Heyho. At the moment I'm happy seeing photos of people's build coming through. And then trying to think what game shall I play first? :)

Mike-

Not yet. I will post when mine goes into building. Estimated date is Monday and I was due an email update today, so maybe it will be Monday... But I doubt it hah

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Did anyone get a 6800xt PC yet? I do wonder how many of us ordered one on the day. Does suck for everyone mind. I like most was hoping to receive it for Christmas 🎄. Heyho. At the moment I'm happy seeing photos of people's build coming through. And then trying to think what game shall I play first? :)
I was told I wasn't allocated one of the first 40, and that's with ordering as soon as I could (at 13:58 or 13:59 according my my computer clock) - so it was suggested on the call to switch to a RTX3070 (and a 5800XT) to move my order into build stage...which I did.

Everything else is in place in the machine to swap out for a RTX3080 or R6800XT (or the next gen versions of them) when I eventually go to a big, high-refresh, 4k monitor.

Nivek

Silver Level Poster
I was told I wasn't allocated one of the first 40, and that's with ordering as soon as I could (at 13:58 or 13:59 according my my computer clock) - so it was suggested on the call to switch to a RTX3070 (and a 5800XT) to move my order into build stage...which I did.

Everything else is in place in the machine to swap out for a RTX3080 or R6800XT (or the next gen versions of them) when I eventually go to a big, high-refresh, 4k monitor.
Do they have 3070's in stock now? It's still marked "pre-order" in the configuration.
I also ordered the 6800 XT around 13:59 on launch day so was hoping I would get it before Christmas.
No way I'm changing my GPU now! I'm going to hold on and hope PCS get stock in the next 2 weeks.
Surely anyone who ordered in the first 2 minutes of launch should get it before Christmas, RIGHT?!?! :LOL:

I put the order for the PC on the Ryzen 5900X launch day but I was a bit delayed and didn't put the order through until 14:15ish but from what I understand, the Zen 3 CPUs stock is reasonably good in comparison.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Do they have 3070's in stock now? It's still marked "pre-order" in the configuration.
I also ordered the 6800 XT around 13:59 on launch day so was hoping I would get it before Christmas.
No way I'm changing my GPU now! I'm going to hold on and hope PCS get stock in the next 2 weeks.
Surely anyone who ordered in the first 2 minutes of launch should get it before Christmas, RIGHT?!?! :LOL:

I put the order for the PC on the Ryzen 5900X launch day but I was a bit delayed and didn't put the order through until 14:15ish but from what I understand, the Zen 3 CPUs stock is reasonably good in comparison.
That's what I'd assumed, but when I called, I was told I wasn't allocated one from the first batch...and the only way I'd get something before Christmas was if I swapped to the (at the time) in stock 3070. Really don't know where those from the first batch went...friends & family or ebay I assume :ROFLMAO:

I've also got to take delivery (and provide/upload proof to our benefits system) before 18-Dec to take advantage of a £1000 grant from the company for Covid-related working-from-home devices - if we don't use it before then, we don't get anything next year. I can't claim it if I don't upload proof of delivery before Christmas shut-down on 18-Dec.

So it was a matter of guarantee something before Christmas, or cancel the whole thing.

My switch to 6800XT was about the same time as you (as soon as the order form allowed it). Switch to 5600X was the same. Both were pre-order when done, but assumed I would be in the first batch for both.

Last edited:

Nivek

Silver Level Poster
That's what I'd assumed, but when I called, I was told I wasn't allocated one from the first batch...and the only way I'd get something before Christmas was if I swapped to the (at the time) in stock 3070. Really don't know where those from the first batch went...friends & family or ebay I assume :ROFLMAO:
Awwwww guess I'm not getting it until January then *sigh* :(

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Mine has moved to build (with the RTX3070 in place of the R6800XT that was in place of an RTX3080) 🥳

I guess with build/testing delays it's not going to be with me this week, but first 'full week' of December is much better than the Jan/Feb/Mar that was being predicted if I'd stayed with a RTX3080 or R6800XT...and I'll keep my eye out next year for when these become available and I decide to upgrade to 4k or Ultra-Wide (or both).

ETA: now gone into TESTING

Last edited:

BT81

Enthusiast
Mine has moved to build (with the RTX3070 in place of the R6800XT that was in place of an RTX3080) 🥳

I guess with build/testing delays it's not going to be with me this week, but first 'full week' of December is much better than the Jan/Feb/Mar that was being predicted if I'd stayed with a RTX3080 or R6800XT...and I'll keep my eye out next year for when these become available and I decide to upgrade to 4k or Ultra-Wide (or both).
Great News. Photo's damn it! (when it arrives)

After an hour in the phone queue this morning, my build including the RX 6800XT can't be guaranteed even by the end of December / beginning of January. Placed the order at 14.01 on release date if that helps anyone. Will very likely be cancelling the order so that'll be 1 position freed up for people waiting here

Last edited by a moderator:

balthazar

I only placed an order 3-4 days ago with the RX 6800 XT and honestly Its a shame that I'll have to wait potentially months for it but lets be honest at the end of the day what else can we do ? This is my first experience of getting someone else to build my own pc but I don't have the time anymore. Hoping that PCS will do themselves proud!