RTX 3080

Jamie1111188

Good news my pc was delivered today in quality condition!
I have a question regarding the palit 3080 though. Without playing any games or anything just sitting on the Home Screen my gpu was running around 50c so I downloaded thunder master and it said fans were running at 0% when trying to use the custom curve and trying to get the fans going before it reached 50 it was still not applying what I had set it to and stayed at 0%. At the moment I’m having to control the fans manually as the temperature increases?

I may have butchered how I’m trying to say this, hopefully someone understands😂
My fans dont usually kick in till 60-65 lol even then its minimal.

Stumpykins

Bronze Level Poster
just got my pc today. really happy with it, ended up with the Palit 3080.

quick question about these promotional games, since I brought a Samsung SSD and a 3080, to redeem this codes do I really need to download Blizzard and Ubisofts store. I mean on my laptop I had Steam and Origin. Having to download each devs version of steam seems a bit excessive.

Little_Miss_Naughty

Bronze Level Poster

quick question about these promotional games, since I brought a Samsung SSD and a 3080, to redeem this codes do I really need to download Blizzard and Ubisofts store. I mean on my laptop I had Steam and Origin. Having to download each devs version of steam seems a bit excessive.
Any Ubisoft game on Steam requires Ubisoft installed anyway.

I am sick of so many launchers though 😕.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine

Yes, as @Little_Miss_Naughty says, you need UPlay anyway, even if it's redeemed on steam.

Epic often have timed exclusives for say a year so it won't be available on any other platform during that time anyway.

As a note, once you've redeemed it, you can install Galaxy 2 which is GOG's launcher, that can tie in to all your games launchers and centralise your games list, this includes all the major platforms including steam, it's extemely handy. At the moment, you still need the separate launchers installed to run the game, but that will change eventually once it matures.

Stumpykins

Bronze Level Poster
Yes, as @Little_Miss_Naughty says, you need UPlay anyway, even if it's redeemed on steam.

Epic often have timed exclusives for say a year so it won't be available on any other platform during that time anyway.

As a note, once you've redeemed it, you can install Galaxy 2 which is GOG's launcher, that can tie in to all your games launchers and centralise your games list, this includes all the major platforms including steam, it's extemely handy. At the moment, you still need the separate launchers installed to run the game, but that will change eventually once it matures.

thank you !!!

JAMES11

Finally got a update to at 6:35 that my pc is finally being built and now in testing at 10:16am really happy that it might arrive this saturday as ive paid for that.
I created the order on 02-10-2020 17:56.
Hope this helps any one expecting their build. I had a standard 10GB 3080 in my build.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Finally got a update to at 6:35 that my pc is finally being built and now in testing at 10:16am really happy that it might arrive this saturday as ive paid for that.
I created the order on 02-10-2020 17:56.
Hope this helps any one expecting their build. I had a standard 10GB 3080 in my build.
I ordered an hour or so after you did, but then switched to the 6800XT as I thought I'd get one of those before the 3080s caught up stockwise - I think I've made a big mistake there. :cry:

AlbiGd

OMG

Attachments

• Screenshot (80).png
    Screenshot (80).png
    16.2 KB · Views: 253

Nivek

Silver Level Poster
I ordered an hour or so after you did, but then switched to the 6800XT as I thought I'd get one of those before the 3080s caught up stockwise - I think I've made a big mistake there. :cry:
What time did you order the 6800 XT? I ordered around 1:59PM launch day.
From talking to them on the live chat it doesn't seem like they received ANY! and they have no idea when they'll get them in stock. What a disaster!
Everything else in my order is in stock so I'm not sure whether I should hold on or just switch the GPU to something else.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
What time did you order the 6800 XT? I ordered around 1:59PM launch day.
From talking to them on the live chat it doesn't seem like they received ANY! and they have no idea when they'll get them in stock. What a disaster!
Everything else in my order is in stock so I'm not sure whether I should hold on or just switch the GPU to something else.
I don't want to derail this thread as the 6000 series has its own thread on here, but it was a minute or two after launch, maybe 2:01pm/2:02pm something like that.

ReggieBaby

OK Im done!!

Ordered on 21/09 at 20:13
3080 standard build with a AMD R9 5900X
Getting it delivered to me tomorrow 03/12
That will be a total of 53 working days (nearly 11 weeks) (build was half a day, testing for 5 days)
My advice is phone them every week. Then once in testing phone them every day. Getting a Microsoft Office key was an issue on my build test for some reason.

Over and out and good luck everyone......

BetFin

Bronze Level Poster
OK Im done!!

Ordered on 21/09 at 20:13
3080 standard build with a AMD R9 5900X
Getting it delivered to me tomorrow 03/12
That will be a total of 53 working days (nearly 11 weeks) (build was half a day, testing for 5 days)
My advice is phone them every week. Then once in testing phone them every day. Getting a Microsoft Office key was an issue on my build test for some reason.

Over and out and good luck everyone......
Congrats! Ordered 15th Nov so I have a long road ahead of me but I'm happy for everyone who's got theirs after waiting so long

ReggieBaby

Congrats! Ordered 15th Nov so I have a long road ahead of me but I'm happy for everyone who's got theirs after waiting so long
You never know. The October cohort seem to be getting theirs now. I suspect waiting times will get better and better. 🤞
I doubt you will be 53 working days 😩

BT81

Enthusiast
I did the same as you, although my 3080 build was about 15-Oct-20. I figured I'd never get one this year.
So I was ready and primed to order the 6800xt....Then I got a work phone call! So ordered at 14:05 (bascially a light year later!) Sad face

Little_Miss_Naughty

Bronze Level Poster
You never know. The October cohort seem to be getting theirs now. I suspect waiting times will get better and better. 🤞
I doubt you will be 53 working days 😩
I already am 53 working days, changed to standard 3080 on Friday because of the ROG STRIX delays. Got the 5950X which apparently is in stock and so is everything else.

amiwood18

Bronze Level Poster
I already am 53 working days, changed to standard 3080 on Friday because of the ROG STRIX delays. Got the 5950X which apparently is in stock and so is everything else.
Does that not mean that you’ll now go to the back of the queue for the standard 3080 as that’s what it sounded like in the email they sent, that if you change your gpu then you lose your place in the queue