RTX 3080

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Quite a few, there is even an ’open source’ exploit kit on GitHub.

they also have had issues on managing certs, spoofing pages etc.

edit, link below.

admittedly not checked GOG since Sept / Oct but it’s was still getting flagged as a security problem.
Hmmm. that's not good.

I see there's loads of posts on their forums demanding proper 2FA

Lukemondo

Gold Level Poster
Haven't heard anything about mine for a while. I ordered 16-10-2020.

I got a very long e-mail a few weeks back about the supply issues which i assumed everyone got who ordered a PC with a 3080. It mentioned they would not be sending any more updates on build time due to the 3080 issue causing false dates. Then around a week later i got another e-mail saying mine is ready to be built Wednesday 25 November 2020 but its still pre production so i'm not sure if that e-mail was a mistake or what and i haven't had anything since.
I also received the automated email, I contacted them and they advised me to ignore it and that I wouldn’t receive anymore, roughly 3 days later I receive another one so again contacted them and they said again that I shouldn’t receive anymore and so far I haven’t.

My order was on the 15th October, have been told multiple times it’ll be here before Christmas, until I contacted them today and they have stated that what I have been told is incorrect and that it is unlikely I will receive my build until after Christmas, which is very disappointing to hear! I completely understand that the 3080 is facing major constraints in terms of supply of them, but the miscommunication is something that is just getting annoying at this point! (Especially as I’ve gone and bought brand new mouse, keyboard, monitors and headset, which could have waited until after Christmas, very expensive December for me!)

Jingo

Bronze Level Poster
After some mental back and forth I've switched back to the 3080 from the 6800xt. I'm not sure it will make much difference in the time, and with the amount I'm spending I'd rather have the better rt performance.

I only wish the 3090 wasn't so expensive, ie an extra £750 for not a huge improvement. If it was more like 300-400 I'd be much more tempted.

NoverianSnowCone

Bronze Level Poster
I've ordered my system inc. an RTX 3080 on 30/11/20, I expected a delay on top of the normal restrictions and what not, but I really didn't expect over 50 working days for some folk to receive their builds since back in October. I've emailed them to ask the realistic lead time and admitted that I understand it might be a bit of a how long is a piece of string answer.

Really hope I won't be waiting until February and that stock improves.

Scottmask

Silver Level Poster
I also received the automated email, I contacted them and they advised me to ignore it and that I wouldn’t receive anymore, roughly 3 days later I receive another one so again contacted them and they said again that I shouldn’t receive anymore and so far I haven’t.

My order was on the 15th October, have been told multiple times it’ll be here before Christmas, until I contacted them today and they have stated that what I have been told is incorrect and that it is unlikely I will receive my build until after Christmas, which is very disappointing to hear! I completely understand that the 3080 is facing major constraints in terms of supply of them, but the miscommunication is something that is just getting annoying at this point! (Especially as I’ve gone and bought brand new mouse, keyboard, monitors and headset, which could have waited until after Christmas, very expensive December for me!)
Apparently im 855th in a queue of 1361 people!! - ordered 05.11.20.

i recently was requested to change my PSU due to stock shortages so i swapped the 850w to 1000w... will this have changed my position in the queue??? as if it has i will be extremely annoyed as this was done purely to speed up my order not to delay it.

i have also been told by Live chat - verbatim ""There are multiple orders for many GPUs at same order....for instance unique order considering 45 GPUs 3080. And I counted 45 units in one order."

Why on earth are PCS allowing orders of 45 units in one order???????

i am extremely close to cancelling my order i cannot comprehend how annoyed i am with this live chat this morning.

avnpir

Bronze Level Poster

i recently was requested to change my PSU due to stock shortages so i swapped the 850w to 1000w... will this have changed my position in the queue??? as if it has i will be extremely annoyed as this was done purely to speed up my order not to delay it.

i have also been told by Live chat - verbatim ""There are multiple orders for many GPUs at same order....for instance unique order considering 45 GPUs 3080. And I counted 45 units in one order."

i am extremely close to cancelling my order i cannot comprehend how annoyed i am with this live chat this morning.
So one person ordered 45 units of 3080?

Little_Miss_Naughty

Bronze Level Poster

I’m still waiting from 20th September. 55 working days now. PCS said I should get my computer by today earlier this week and it’s still in pre-production.

Annoyed is an understatement especially when they said we don’t lose our place if we have to amend our orders. I had to go from the ROG STRIX 3080 to standard as they probably won’t have stock until around February.

I really don’t have time to call them due to work and I’m also car hunting as my gearbox is on the way out 😫.

ormerdonkey

Update for all of you patiently waiting. I ordered on 4th November, it was 22 days in production and today I received an email to say it was in build 🥳
Ryzen 9 5950 and a standard RTX3080. So fingers crossed some of you also get a build email today 🤞

kozuki

Enthusiast
Update for all of you patiently waiting. I ordered on 4th November, it was 22 days in production and today I received an email to say it was in build 🥳
Ryzen 9 5950 and a standard RTX3080. So fingers crossed some of you also get a build email today 🤞
what the, how is that possible that you jump queue for 3080 by 30 days compared to others?

Scottmask

Silver Level Poster
find this hard to believe.

i ordered on the 5th and am 800th in the queue.

ormerdonkey

what the, how is that possible that you jump queue for 3080 by 30 days compared to others?
no idea, I was expecting the build to be next year. Could it be my combination of components? I know when I spoke to support two weeks ago my GPU was the only piece they were waiting for

kozuki

Enthusiast
Could be down to even stuff like the PSU, seems like that's been a major stopping point from what PCS have said
I currently am on 39 days, ordered on 12th Oct, 1000W PSU which should be in stock, 5900X which are apparently also coming in at good amounts, only waiting for the 3080, and someone orders 3 weeks after me and loads of other people who have been waiting even longer and gets in building that fast? something seems weird

Fudges

55 working days later and I have finally gone in to build today. Fingers crossed for folk waiting from a similar date to me.

BetFin

Bronze Level Poster
I currently am on 39 days, ordered on 12th Oct, 1000W PSU which should be in stock, 5900X which are apparently also coming in at good amounts, only waiting for the 3080, and someone orders 3 weeks after me and loads of other people who have been waiting even longer and gets in building that fast? something seems weird
I know after the PCS guy posted the PSU list, a lot of people on the forum were talking about switching from the 850w to the 1000w, so that might be in short supply now
I don't know for definite, I don't work for PCS, but this is my guess :)

Lukemondo

Gold Level Poster
Congrats! Maybe there is hope for the rest of us 🙏🤷‍♂️😂

Can I ask how was it 22 days? Mines currently sat at 36 days in pre production. Unless yours was pre production for x amount of time and then 22 days in production.